Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 09:31PM

And he's really depressed. I think part of has to with my moms passing away in November. He's currently taking a nap in his bedroom. My younger sister in the room besides him on the computer. I'm typing this from my cell phone.
I'm not sure about anything for Easter at the moment.maybe we'll skip church I hope!

I

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 09:33PM

I hope he's ok.

Date: April 19, 2014 09:37PM

So do I. I've been worried about him a lot since we buried my mom last November. I've been a little depressed since then. But not as much as him.

Posted by: In a hurry ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 09:40PM

I wonder if an anti-depressant or an anti-anxiety medicine might help him. He's been through a lot in the past half-year.

Hope Poncho (or is it Pancho?) curls up with you tonight.

Date: April 19, 2014 09:43PM

Its Poncho. He always cuddles with me at bedtime.

Date: April 20, 2014 09:40PM

He's on some pills for it. I'm not sure what they're named.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 09:44PM

He'll be hurting for a while yet.

The fact you are there for him is good.

Date: April 19, 2014 09:46PM

I often let poncho cuddle with him. I think it helps.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:19AM

you two are depressed. but I admire you. you seem to be coping very well and are trying very hard to make life work again. it takes a lot of energy out of you and is very draining.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:24AM

Awww, I would call that normal. Holidays are the worst after the loss of a loved one. Especially the ones during that first year afterwards. Was he in the ER due to the depression?

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:32AM

Greyfort is right...during the first year after a death in the family, EVERYTHING is a "first": the first Easter, the first Fourth of July, the first birthday (of your Mom, or anyone in the family)...EVERYTHING. Most every month will have a "first" of some kind or another.

The second year, and beyond, is IMMENSELY better...which doesn't offer much comfort when you still have most of that first year to get through.

Know that we care, SII.

Date: April 20, 2014 09:37PM

Yes due to depression and grief.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:41AM

Sorry to hear that your father had to go to the ER/hospital. My father took his own life just after Thanksgiving so my family somewhat understands what you are going through. Each of those first holidays and special days after a loved ones passing are the most difficult. I'm sure you and your sister being there means a lot to him...as well as having Poncho to cuddle with. I liked the idea from your other thread of doing a memorial garden for your mom. Is there any way that you and your sister could go buy some things for that tomorrow and start working on it as a surprise Easter gift for your dad? My thoughts are with you and your family.

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:49AM

Hope that you and your family can start to make new memories together after the loss of your dear mother. I agree with the others, that the first year is the hardest. I'm hoping your dad feels better and you as well. Remember to take good care of YOU.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:58AM

I'm sorry your Dad and you are having a hard time. In a way, you are being a father to your father, when he needs your nurturing. Sometimes this isn't easy when you are sad also. You are a good son. Time does heal. Your mother can never be replaced, but good memories of her can bring you joy. And, you and your family have each other. Your poor dad. Was it a panic attack?

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 08:37AM

forestpal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sorry your Dad and you are having a hard time.
> In a way, you are being a father to your father,
> when he needs your nurturing. Sometimes this
> isn't easy when you are sad also. You are a good
> son. Time does heal. Your mother can never be
> replaced, but good memories of her can bring you
> joy. And, you and your family have each other.
> Your poor dad. Was it a panic attack?

You are a good son. +100

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 08:29AM

The pain can be very raw in the first year or so after a loved one's death. Stay close to one another and take care.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.