Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 08:40PM

LDS Easter video viewed over 5 million times

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865601508/LDS-Easter-video-viewed-over-5-million-times.html

So much for the 100 million that the morg was hoping for!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 08:53PM

Since when has the CULT had a HOLY WEEK?

"LDS Church's Holy Week" WTF?
They really are pathetic..... some threads today are about intelligent CULTers. If an intelligent person chooses to be in a CULT like this, that is not an intelligent action. To me, actions speak louder than words to ...... It is like choosing to keep blinders on. THAT IS STUPID!

how intelligent can CULTers be? I just don't buy it no matter how many times I hear these arguments from posters on here, how their family needs them in it etc. I personally think they should grow some (**^*(&) and set an example for their family and waltz out of the CULT and make sure everyone knows exactly why. As long as people pretend to believe in it, it encourages others to stay in it and prolongs the misery for everyone. The sooner the CULT is gone from the earth, the better. WAKE UP! Stop making excuses (it is too JS like) and GET THE FU*K OUT OF THIS CULT NOW!

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 09:07PM

They don't have a "Holy Week". It was a feeble attempt at trying yet again to "mainstream" the morg cult/church/ corporation! And it backfired big time!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 08:54PM

Probably the TBM crowd that watched it. The number more or less matches what we speculate is the true number of members.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 08:58PM

so LD$ Inc. got every one of its members to view the video ?

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: April 23, 2014 11:46AM

5 million views probably represents less than 1 million unique viewers. Many TBM's probably posted it on FB and then rewatched it every time someone liked or commented on it.

Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 09:01PM

Just because someone "clicks" on the link, doesn't mean they actually watched the video.

Do you recall when Hinkley was nominated as "Man of the Year" on Time magazine? Do you recall multiple votes having to be thrown out because a person was only allowed to vote once?

I think we may have a "Lying for the Lord" problem.

Posted by: topped ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 10:20PM

Posted by: topping ( )
Date: April 23, 2014 11:41AM

Posted by: Claire ( )
Date: April 23, 2014 11:43AM

It was probably viewed by the approx. 5 million Mormons who are still active.
No surprise there.

Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: April 23, 2014 12:37PM

They were just preaching to the choir with this video. I have no idea why TSCC thought buying a banner ad on YouTube's home page with a link to a shallow video, ostensibly about Jesus, would capture the attention of anyone but their own.

Most of us who are traditional Christians *celebrate* Easter by attending church services (highest attended Sunday of the year) and then by eating and hanging out with friends and family - not by surfing the web looking for feel-good fluff.

People who are not Christians would have little to no interest in watching a video titled "Because of Him" and even if they did start watching it, I'm sure most of them would have bailed when the cheesy costumed characters appeared.

I have no idea as to who their intended audience was or what the intended message was meant to be. If they were trying to convince the rest of us that they really do celebrate Jesus' resurrection -- fail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2014 03:41PM by Plaid n Paisley.

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: April 23, 2014 12:45PM

My TBM sister sent me this link and had to brag that it was number one of Youtube or something like that. I didn't watch it. I wanted to ask her why all of a sudden Jesus? I only remember lessons on Joseph Smith on Easter.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: April 23, 2014 01:02PM

Charlie bit my finger had how many billions of views? Maybe he should start his own cult, he has got to be getting close to old enough to find a gold bible in the ground. Obviously, by YouTube view count, Charlie bit my finger is more true than Mormon Jesus.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.