Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Exmo35 ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 10:07PM

Sometimes at the end of a bad day you just need someone to gripe to--someone to validate your perspective and help nudge you back in to a positive direction.
The problem with everyone in my life right now is I'm surrounded by Mormons. Everyone is constantly either trying to one up each other or tell you your problems don't exist, be positive!
It's like they live in an alter reality where you only acknowledge the good and pretend no bad thing has ever happened. Problem with pretending nothing bad has happened is that you never heal. You live with the subconscious pain forever.
Ran in to too many Mormons I can't stomach tonight at school spirit night with the kids. Its given me a panic attack and I'm having a rough evening--and all I had to do to get to this bad place was see them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ruby2 ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 10:36PM

I CONPLETELY understand.

Posted by: Ruby2 ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 10:36PM

Completely. I promise I can spell.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 10:47PM

Totally understandable. When I lived in Utah the first yr. my kids were in first grade and fourth grade.WE would go to PTA meetings or meet and greet nights at the beginning of the yr. and all I saw was a bunch of couples hanging out in groups talking about "church". No one ever looked at me for a hello. But they had let a couple of their kids come to my house for a couple hrs. of playtime (free babysitting). Since we are not a prejudiced family I welcomed little friends over to play but their family had no desire to meet me or say hi at a school event etc. I knew we were doomed for the four yrs. we were there and it was awful. But we did have some military friends which made it at least tolerable.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.