Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 10:34PM

I listened to the video of Earl and Karla Erskine last night. They are in their 60's and just got out 2 or 3 yrs. ago for good. I was caught up in the way it all happened. And it was HE who doubted first. He had been a bishop and held so many callings. He couldn't even tell his wife at first and I believe it was 8 months later he finally told her how he felt about his discoveries. She took a month or so to finally listen to what he had to say.

They have four kids....two still in and two out now.The whole video was interesting as they told their story.They feel badly for the kids still in as it is them who taught them to be so devout. And he now has a radio show he says. Interviews those who have left the LDS church. Do any of you know him? Think they lived in Salt Lake when his belief system fell apart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2014 10:48PM by honestone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sistertwister ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 11:18PM

He's on a local SLC TV station on Friday nights and interviews others who have left the church.

I don't know him but I find him very believable and honest. He always wears a tie on his program and looks like a Bishop, which makes it even better to see how he left TSCC as a Bishop. I applaud him as he spreads the word about the false teachings and history of TSCC.

I also like his soft spoken manner and find his style more appropriate for Mormons who are questioning everything about their religion. Humility, meekness and this gentle approach will win over many.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 01, 2014 01:46AM

WEll said. I agree. He is very soft spoken and meek. He is not in your face and that is good.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.