Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 11:30AM

When I was a kid My mother told me of a story about her brother that was out mowing the lawn one day, back in the day when you actually pushed the lawnmower without a motor. It was a hot day in sacramento, stopping to rest and get a drink of water, my uncle was approached by a man asking for a sandwich, my uncle said wait I will go make one for you, after making the sandwich the man was nowhere to be found. Soooooo after that the family story was that the man was one of the three nephites testing him for Compassion and love. Well it wasn't a bad story, even to this day I give to street people even if it is for a drink, who am I to judge?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 11:58AM

He left out the part of the story where he said: "Sure. Help me with the lawn, then we'll that move that pile of old fence posts, and then before we eat we'll..."

And miraculously the man disappeared....

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 12:04PM

Har! good one!

Posted by: popeyes ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 12:05PM

Moe, Larry and Curly.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 01:25PM

Methinks they'd be going by their Jewish names.....

Manny Mo and Jackob.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2014 01:26PM by Shummy.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 01:48PM

I have a TBM friend who shared her personal story with me:

Two Christmas's ago she participated in the ward adult Christmas dinner. Rather than have everyone gather at the ward cultural hall, members split into groups and had their get-together in a member's home. She desperately wanted all her serving ware to match.

She searched every conceivable location to add to her humble dinnerware collection (she put inspector Clouseau to shame). Unfortunately, the plate-ware pattern was nowhere to be found. For weeks, she prayed and prayed to find a source for 6 more dinner plates, but failed in lieu or her pleading petitions.

Soon thereafter she opens her cupboard and she has 6 more dinner plates. She swears she didn't put them there. They just materialized. She's one of these TBM stalwarts of the ward that does everything she is asked to do. Her testimony is all good-feeling based and faith promoting-based.

I asked her if she thought it was a miracle? Here response was, I think it was one of the 3-Nephites.

Posted by: freddo ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 05:52PM

I know these words to be true

Posted by: the outlander ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 06:21PM

My Brother served a mission in the AZ. He was driving the car one day & on their way through an intersection my brothers car got T-Boned. His companion died in his arms right there. They were really good friends.

By the time it got to the funeral in UT the Story had morphed into one of the Three Nephites had been the one driving the pickup that killed that young man & that he had been 'called home' to go work on the other side of the veil with his Dad because he was such a righteous missionary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2014 06:21PM by the outlander.

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 06:23PM

That's sick...

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 07:09PM

The Neapolitan Nephites come in three flavors: Vanilla, being white and delightsome, is the leader. Chocolate, though dark, brings a rich funky flavor to the group. Strawberry is a ginger who prefers not to draw too much attention. It's hard to be pink.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 11:31PM

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 03, 2014 12:03AM

too funny Dave

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.