Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: May 07, 2014 08:19PM

My guess is that a lot of phone calls to legal are happening.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 07, 2014 08:22PM

Do you know if they took it down because people made negative comments on it or if people called to complain about it or if they (the COB) watch this board so religiously that they jumped on the problem? Also, did anyone archive it?

Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 08:22AM

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 09:58AM

What is the "Nelson post?"

Posted by: notamormon ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 09:26AM

CA girl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you know if they took it down because people
> made negative comments on it or if people called
> to complain about it or if they (the COB) watch
> this board so religiously that they jumped on the
> problem? Also, did anyone archive it?

It's a permission only site now.

This blog is open to invited readers only

http://coloradodenversouthmission.blogspot.com/
It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: May 07, 2014 08:26PM

I am assuming because it has gone somewhat viral, between here and the other discussion boards.

There is some of it archived by Cricket at the Salamander page.

There are pieces of it all over the internet right now.

There may be some serious legal ramifications for the Murdocks, as she had no right to be exposing sensitive medical issues about people under her "care", particularly when she was playing doctor.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1262390

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2014 08:27PM by deco.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 07, 2014 08:29PM

I really hope that the information she posted gets into the hands of those who can cause trouble for her because of the medical information she posted. I also think that someone should give a copy of Elder Nelson's remarks about gay marriage and preaching to well-placed members of the equal rights community because telling lies to deny people their civil rights as a leader of a religious organization should be highly publicized too.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 01:28AM

I have been thinking about this all day. ERISA compliance is what I do in my work on a daily basis. I was trying to think of where she would fit in when it comes to compliance.

A lot of it depends on what capacity she is receiving and electronically entering this health information and whether it is PHI/ePHI (protected health information under HIPAA). If the mishies are covered under the church's health plan, I believe Deseret Mutual Benefit Advisors are the Plan Administrators but TCOJCOLDS or Corp-o-Tommy may be the Plan Sponsor. If so, and Mr. Murdock is an employee of the Plan Sponsor, any PHI has to be carefully considered. Any employee who has access to it is subject to HIPAA laws and should have been trained on handling PHI. They may have trained Mrs. Murdoch at orientation which might be why she is the one who's supposed to input it. None of the other mishies should even have any access to it, let alone input anything electronically.

But it is hard to know what official employer-employee or Business Associate roles they hold. Also they may not be participating in the health plan that covers other church employees. Their attorneys are very smart when it comes to structuring the cult and its business. It's not necessarily a violation of a law for some lay person to talk about another person's health condition in a public forum. Especially if there is no identifying information given. It IS, however, unethical and out of boundaries but when did mormons ever care about ethics or boundaries?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2014 01:36AM by NormaRae.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 08:30AM

Thus the mess when a cult fraud pretends to be a church charity when it reallyis a corporation.

Tax exempt, free labor, minions to destroy at will, and lots and lots of revenues.

What doesit produce? Turds, at beat turd sandwiches orpolished turds, but turds.

Posted by: BeerAtMoessers ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 01:38AM

I'm guessing that Morgbots have been monitoring this site and made the call. Oh how I would loved to have heard that phone call from Salt Lake. Bwahahahahaha!

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 06:48AM

I have a really hard time believing that anyone in SLC gives a care about what is being written. More than likely, they saw negative comments or read their statcounter and it was traced back here.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 02:07PM

I had something similar happen with one of my TBM family member blog years ago. I posted the link here. They checked stat counter where the hits came from. Viola! Closed to the public! This was years ago!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 07:07AM

It's been taken down because:
1. It's inappropriate for the families of the missionaries and the missionaries themselves to be discussing their personal issues in a public domain.
2. She is opening herself and the Church up to being sued by a disgruntled missionary or their family who read her comments.
3. She is making the Church look bad.
4. It will have a detrimental effect on her husbands business

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2014 07:08AM by Stumbling.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 09:32AM

well, what a surprise..

and what a shame..

LOL!

Posted by: BG ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 01:56PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.