Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 07:42PM

A special shout out to any exmo's in SW or S Ontario, and those that I know, Free At Last and gone awol for good.

The kids just left to go to the ex's. We had thanksgiving lunch, and the kids loved it. My 19 yr old son wasn't here as he is in the MTC. He is there for 3 weeks, then is going to Peru for 2 mnths to learn Spanish, then on to Bolivia. All my kids are tbm, and having them invite me to listen to conference last week was funny. I spent a 1/2 hr last week talking (heated discussion) to my RM oldest son in the truck why I wasn't going to listen.

Canadians were smart enough not to buy the rights to the BofM, but John Taylor was a Canadian, as was N Eldon Tanner. And both TSM and Ballard were mission presidents in Toronto. It is funny how much I had admired those 2, and now just see them as deluded. Funny how things change.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 08:16PM

Good food, good friends, good (spectacular) weather. My hosts were well aware that US Thanksgiving is in November, but they still had serious cog dissonance trying to wrap their heads around the idea that we didn't have Monday off as a holiday. Seriously.

It was fun to watch their brains seize up. Just like Mormon cog dis at hearing someone say LDS Inc is a fraud, except no emotional drama. :)

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 08:19PM

Posted by: rambo ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 08:22PM

Yeah happy thanksgiving! I had two turkey dinners this weekend. Of course they were with my TBM mormon family so it got really anyoing when a lot of them say they are so thankful for the gospel. It least they are super good cooks and I still had a lot of fun.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 12:49AM

Happy thanksgiving to fellow Canadians!
- (formerly goneAWOLfor good)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.