Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 03:10PM

My DH is the Jackest of Jackmos. Seven years later, he still hates me for resigning from the church and taking all the kids with me.

Things have come to a head. He might come home tonight - he might not. I have zip for cash. I do not work because I am waiting on a social security disability appeal. However, my parents live here, just a few minutes away, and have money.

What is your best advice for leaving the home quickly and safely (with one small child) or kicking his @ss to the curb with all his belongings? He won't pay crap for us anytime soon if he can help it. Long story. I'll share more if the thread warrants.

What do I need to do FAST to protect myself, my kids and my home??

Long story. I'll share more if the thread warrants.

BEST ADVICE, please.

;o)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nevermo1. ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 03:15PM

Swiftly unload all cash from joint accounts and make photocopies/take snapshots of his bank statements,payslips to prove earnings.

Ask trusted friends/a moving company to move all belongings out when he is not home.

Date: May 21, 2014 03:17PM

Woops, thanks for your reply. I didn't think my other post worked. Please reply to the other thread guys, thanks.

;o)

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 03:19PM

If you want to stay in the house, change the locks, put his things out in the yard (neatly), then call the police and tell them what's going on. Make the police aware that there may be a possible domestic dispute at your residence.

I wouldn't stay there with the child. At the very least have the child stay with someone else that you trust. If you have a car, park it in the garage,(don't forget to disable garage door opener). IF you can't do that, you may want to park it some place else out of sight. Make sure your phone is 100% charged. Is there a male family member that can come and stay with you?

If you don't want to stay, take what you can, paperwork is very important, and go stay at a hotel or womens shelter. I would think twice about staying with family right away. You don't want him over at their house, especially if he's violent. Do all you an to protect your child from any drama.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 03:21PM

There are countless variables and unknowns. Unfortunately, advice from others who don't know all the little details and nuances of your situation may not be all that helpful.

In general, however, I would say that it sounds like you're done. If that's the case, anything other than moving on is a mistake and there's no sense wasting daylight if you can help it. (I know firsthand, I've pissed my life away on a marriage that is crap).

As a chump who did not prepare well and fell into responsibilities that are nearly impossible to escape, I gotta tell you, the longer you wait, the web entangles you more and more until it smothers you....

Date: May 21, 2014 03:52PM

Crap, you sound like my husband.

;o)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 03:34PM

First: Call a reliable divorce attorney and find out what you can do legally and not get you in trouble
Then follow that advice!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 03:38PM

(it would seem) without some violence or threat, hub can come into the family home; Don't fabricate an incident, that will work against you.

Depending on where U live, a protection order may / may not be an available option.

Remember, your cred is important in any legal proceeding!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.