Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Facing Tao ( )
Date: May 24, 2014 07:55PM

Hi all.. I've been absent from the board the most part for almost two months, only occasionally popping in here, and quickly scanning the top headers.

First, to all those who're doubting that strawberryshortcake's situation would not as she has described it here: I can assure it is accurate, and that she is a quite real, young woman. :) As I briefly noted in the "For strawberryshortcake" thread, the advice is good, but situations vary. It is not always possible to make a change as quickly as it might seem reasonable from the outside, not knowing the individual situation. Also, when someone is looking to get feedback and advice, the timetable on how things will unfold is often unknown, and also often in these situations unpredictable as we don't control our TBM spouses (or really have any desire to do so). I think as long as there is progress and a plan on how to improve the circumstances, even if it takes a while, that is good.

And then a quick update for all those who I discussed my situation in the early part of this year: My marriage is continuing its slow downward spiral. DW is quite a hardcore TBM, I have found (even more so than I perhaps earlier realized), and I'm now officially an "evil apostate" who "disrespects her faith" by not being active in TSCC, and by not funding their real estate projects. I don't think there is fixing it, and I'm just trying to keep the marriage together for a while for the sake of the kids (which I know many people say is "not worth it at cost of one's own happiness", "children adapt", and they do, but again, demands of the individual circumstances vary). But this will change, sooner or later. There is time for everything, as they say.

('ensure' is a product name, 'assure' is the word I was looking for.. suppose they've succeeded in advertising! ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2014 09:06PM by Facing Tao.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: icedtea ( )
Date: May 24, 2014 08:23PM

Thanks, Tao. I'm glad that you and strawberry are being supportive of one another. It's difficult to be in either of the situations you two are dealing with.

Divorce sucks, but living for years in a dead marriage with religious issues sucks, too. Sometimes, you gotta do what's best for you no matter what other people tell you to do.

I hope things go well for both of you!

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 24, 2014 08:47PM

How do we know that this isn't another one of strawberries names? ;) TOTALLY kidding. Thanks for the update though. I hope you both find your way out of the messes you're in. You're right though, the timetable is different for everyone.

Date: May 24, 2014 08:52PM

I told her before posting that someone would say that! ;)

Thanks Tupperwhere & icedtea! :)

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 24, 2014 08:57PM

HAHA!! Seriously, good luck to both of you and your families. Kids ultimately want to be taken care of by happy parents.

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: May 25, 2014 02:23AM

'ensure' is a legitimate verb. It's OK to use it ...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ensure

Date: May 25, 2014 02:33PM

Ragnar, thanks for pointing that out. It must be an ESL thing for me ;).

Posted by: Utah County Mom ( )
Date: May 25, 2014 10:34AM

I am glad you two have each other for support and friendship. I agree-- only you can decide when you are ready to leave and how you will do it. I have been criticized d
For staying in my marriage by well meaning friends and family. I understand they do it out of love and frustration. Hang in there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.