Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 01:26PM

I've been a little down lately, so I thought I'd start a thread of Mormon jokes.

What is the difference between a Dementor and the LDS church?

One is a dark, brooding presence that sucks all the joy out of your soul, and the other is a character in the Harry Potter books.

Why didn't God make Joseph Smith retranslate the missing 116 pages?

It's hard enough getting through 1st and 2nd Nephi as it is. 116 more pages would have killed people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 02:08PM

(A repeat:)

Why do you always take 2 mormons fishing?

Because if you take one, he drinks all your beer.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 09:15PM

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 02:24PM

In my mind, there's nothing funny about Mormonism. It's a damnable lie at best.

Repeating "Mormon Jokes" is like laughing at a funeral. I refuse to do either.

Date: May 28, 2014 02:26PM

Laughter has always been one way I've dealt with hurt and anger. It doesn't work for everyone.

Date: May 28, 2014 03:04PM

I have no problem with laughing and telling jokes. I love to tell jokes about things that are funny. Laughter is unquestionably "good for the soul".

However, this thread is about Jokes regarding Mormonism (which is not funny) and not the good that laughter does generally.

Posted by: Ten Bear ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 03:15PM

Templar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have no problem with laughing and telling jokes.
> I love to tell jokes about things that are funny.
> Laughter is unquestionably "good for the soul".
>
> However, this thread is about Jokes regarding
> Mormonism (which is not funny) and not the good
> that laughter does generally.

"However, this thread is about Jokes regarding Mormonism (which is not funny to me) and not the good that laughter does generally to me."

I fixed it for ya.

Posted by: Ten Bear ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 03:29PM

(Repeat)

Brigham Young is waking down the street one day and spies and young, pretty girl strolling up the sidewalk on the other side. He quickly makes a bee line across the street and introduces himself to the young woman. "How would you like to be my 43rd wife, my good sister?" he asks.

The young girl blushes and then giggles. She looks back at him finally and says, "Oh, daddy ......"

Date: May 28, 2014 03:32PM

Based on the postings I have read on this blog, it would appear that Mormonism is not all that funny to most of them either.

Date: May 28, 2014 03:49PM

Well, then, I suppose this thread is for those of us benighted souls who find humor in Mormonism. Black humor, to be sure, but humor nonetheless.

Date: May 28, 2014 04:12PM

When I was young, people used to tell jokes about Blacks and other minorities using much less complimentary terms often portraying the objects of their humor as stupid.

Fortunately, such jokes have long since ceased to be funny. Often, even black humor can be rather distasteful and mean spirited.

Date: May 28, 2014 04:17PM

I try not to be mean, but I am sorry if my seeing Mormonism as funny is offensive to you. I do think it's funny. Painfully funny in every sense.

Posted by: non-utard ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 06:22PM

You are right....the whole cult is a big joke. I like the jokes

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 04:27PM

Really, Templar. Equating the jokes told here to racist jokes is beyond the pale.

Using humor in the process of recovery is healthy and appropriate.

If it's not part of yours, there are plenty of other threads here.

Date: May 28, 2014 04:36PM

I think for some people it is just too painful and raw to even consider laughing about. For me, laughter was essential to getting through the darkest times. I joke about my stay in the psychiatric hospital for the same reason I joke about Mormonism: it helps make it less painful.

Date: May 28, 2014 05:08PM

sonoma Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really, Templar. Equating the jokes told here to racist jokes is beyond the pale.

Where did I say that? I merely pointed out that what may have been funny in the past may no longer be so. Times change.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 06:34PM

Black Humor is also called dark humor, morbid humor, etc. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with death and depressing topics. Like mormonism.

Posted by: CTRringrturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 06:40PM

Templar, lighten the fuck up.

Date: May 28, 2014 06:56PM

I have a very good sense of humor - except for that gross fraud called Mormonism.

You want a "Mormon" joke. Here's a one that really happened.

My never Mormon wife and I were driving on the freeway in San Diego when the following took place:

Wife: Pointing to a grotesque building, "What in the hell is that?"

Me: It's the new Mormon temple.

Wife: That figures!

Date: May 28, 2014 08:29PM

See?!? Was that so hard?

Glad you joined us.

Posted by: utahfantasy ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 02:28PM

How many mormon apologists does it take to change a light bulb??

Two, one to change the light bulb and one to insist that nothing has changed.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 02:33PM

A Mormon boy and a Jewish boy were talking and the Mormon boy said, "My bishop knows more than your rabbi." The Jewish boy said, "Of course he does, you tell him everything."

Posted by: thewhyalumnus ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 03:28PM

How many Mormons does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Official LDS response:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Due to the overwhelming amount of inquiry regarding the screwing in of light bulbs and how many it would take to complete the task, we issue the following:

Effective immediately, all Ward Bishops/Branch Presidents should create a new committee, 'Ward Light Bulb Screw Crew Committee'. They will report to the 2nd Councilor in the Bishopric/Branch Presidency. Preferably the calling of W.L.B.S.C. Chair should be issued to a couple, with the man, as the priesthood holder, being Chair and his wife, co-chair. Allow them ample time to seek inspiration to determine how many Committee Members they will need to screw in each light bulb.

We are confident that the Lord will bless each Ward/Branch with the answer to this important question, as those 'whom He calls' magnify this new essential Ward/Branch calling.

Sincerely,

The First Presidency

Date: May 28, 2014 03:47PM

Genius!!!!

Posted by: non-utard ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 06:27PM

lolol...I agree and bless you Elder Delaney

Posted by: tjc ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 03:42PM

Joseph Smith.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 04:04PM

I can see him as a clown.

Posted by: twistedsister ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 04:31PM

Ha!

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 04:32PM

Hear about the man eating lion that got loose on BYU campus? It starved to death.

Why did they put AstroTurf in at Cougar (LaVell Edwards) Stadium? To keep the coeds from grazing at halftime.

Whats the difference between a BYU coed and a trash can? A trash can gets taken out once a week.

Why did the Cougarettes start wearing heels with their uniforms? To keep their knuckles from dragging.

Goodnight, Gracie.

Posted by: O'Brien ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 05:21PM

They live in a closed community, turn up at your door unexpectedly, hunt in packs of two or more, need permission from the owner to enter the household and hate to see a cross, are Mormons actually vampires?

Walking back home at night I noticed two men in black suits walking behind me so I crossed the street but they followed. I kept on walking and turning through the streets and landed up in a dead end. It was then I realised the situation was worse than I could possibly imagine when one of them held out a blue book and said "We'd like to talk to you about the Mormon religion"

I love my job as a prison officer, it always makes me laugh when the Mormons come on the wing and the inmates act like they are not in

/me gets his coat

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 05:38PM

Brother Templar was in a grocery check out line. He looked back to see how long the line was behind him and noticed a very nice looking woman behind him.

He thought about her, he knew he knew her form somewhere. He looked around again. She smiled at him, he smiled back.

Then he felt a tap on his shoulder and hears her say: "I do believe I have one of your kids . . ."

He instantly recognizes her!

"oh no, are you that stripper that my buddies hired for my bachelors party that tied me up on the pool table and whipped me with celery and . . other things. Then we err had sex?"

"No, I am your daughter's primary teacher!"

Date: May 28, 2014 06:19PM

LOL. Very good. I could easily have done something that stupid. I had a very interesting life in the interlude between Mormonism and marriage when I worked in San Francisco in the sixties but that's O/T.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 05:38PM

Q: Why are Mormons buried in garments and temple clothes?

A: Even the DI won't take the damned things.

Posted by: fundamentard ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 05:53PM

Off color:).

A Mormon a Protestant and a Catholic are fishing.

The Protestant feels like bragging a little and says, "You know guys, if I had one more son I'd have a basketball team".

The Mormon and Catholic are not impressed. The Catholic says, "That's nothing. If I had one more son, I'd have a football team!"

The Protestant's eyes go wide, but the Mormon is still unimpressed. The Mormon leans back, pops the top on his root beer and says, "oh yeah, well if I had one more wife, I'd have a golf course."

Hahahaah

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 08:45PM

Mormon jokes? isn't that an oxymoron?

Posted by: whores'npratt ( )
Date: May 28, 2014 08:58PM

Two elderly Mormon buzzards felt tired and disinclined to do the normal migration flight south and opted to go on Delta.

They arrived at check-in with nothing but two dead racoons in tow.

"So then," asked the attendant... "are you checking these, or what?"

"No thanks," answered the bird, "they're carrion."

Date: May 28, 2014 09:05PM

This joke was created by a couple "Bricker Brothers" at BYU in the early 80s...

Q: what's the difference between a BYU Coed and a bowling ball?

A: the bowling ball doesn't go to the Bishop after you've rolled it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.