Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dubya ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 08:14PM

Finding the truth about LDS, Inc. has saved my family from the fate this organization would have prescribed.

LDS, Inc. encourages young men to serve a mission, i.e., be isolated and insulated, from the age of 19 to 21. No music. No movies. No family. No interaction or feelings for the opposite sex which will lead you straight to hell.

Females are not to date until they are 16 years old, must marry a RM in the temple when they are 20 and have 5 or 6 children by the time they are 30. Young women who do not finish school, spend a decade pregnant and another one raising toddlers and adolescents, are easily controlled by an organization that cares only about its own survival.

Not to say that no one should marry at 20 or 21, but to do it for reasons other than to fulfill some obligation to LDS, Inc. Women: if some guy tells you that he has received revelation that you are 'the one,' RUN. Men: think with your big head.

During the time this young mother is raising a family, she will be expected to have a calling, be a visiting teacher, attend the temple regularly, feed the missionaries, support her husband in his calling, answer to her priesthood leaders, and watch 10% (more like 14% of 'take home' of badly needed family income) go to LDS, Inc.

At some point, this young mother will probably work in the primary indoctrinating other children to follow in the LDS, Inc. prescribed foot steps by presenting the latest in correlation committee approved propaganda.

From the time her children are born, they will be taught that their bodies are bad, fallen, and creepy...that the world is filled with enemies, and that their inspired male priesthood leaders (profits) spend a lot of their time talking to Jesus.

In LDS, Inc., Jesus Christ is just the hook. Since he never actually visited Joe Smith, as Joe himself has written in his pre-1938 accounts of the first vision, LDS, Inc. is founded upon a completely fabricated story extracted from the immagination of a 19th century youth famous for his deception and treasure seeking.

Jesus Christ never told Joe Smith that all of the churches and ministers on planet Earth are evil uninspired liars who work for the devil.

Their lips and hearts are not as far from Christ as Joseph's fabricated, evolving, every more glorious as times goes by, story would have members of LDS, Inc. believing. Ther rest of the world already knows this and are therefore misguided "non-members." Only a cult would refer to normal people as "non-members."

Shortly after my marriage in the AZ temple, I was called to be a Seminary teacher. I considered this a great opportunity to really learn the scriptures and doctrines of the church. Teachers always learn more than students. My fear of looking stupid has always motivated me to study like hell.
When I look back on my interview by the CES coordinator, I think it was a little strange. He seemed to want to make sure that I was a correlation committed mind numbed Morgbot who wouldn't create any problems by bringing up troubling issues with the seminary students. He wanted to make sure I was stupid. I was.

I attended the CES symposia at BYU during the Summers that I taught Seminary. I was present in 1985 when Dallin Oaks spoke to us about Mark Hofmann and the newly discovered 'salamander letter.' What struck me was that Elder Oaks was operating under the assumption that the letter was genuine and was doing testimony damage control. Why would a GA address 2500 CES employees about the contents of a forged letter unless he knew, and the forger knew, some pretty wierd things about the obtaining of the gold plates? Doesn't quite fit with the 'Joe Smith History' in the POGP.

I suffered my first cognitive dissonance. The letter turned out to be a forgery. "The Brethern" had been duped. Why couldn't the Holy Ghost have whispered in just one of their ears: 'it is a fake!' Why didn't Jesus bring this up in one of his meetings with the Brethren. The Profits, Sears, and Revelors share one thing in common with Mark Hofmann: they are imposters.

Apparently Hofmann's forgeries were so good that they not only fooled the FBI and the lard's annointed, but also fooled God. What scam artist would want to try to fool the ruler of the universe or his appointed representatives unless he was convinced they are phonies and have no power to discern the truth?

The GA's have abount as much inspiration and collective insight as the table the documents were sitting on. Not a very impressive display of discernment by the Lord's annointed. Why did Hofmann use the 'white salamander' in his letter? He knew this would have meaning to those who know the truth about Joseph Smith.

The Hofmann case led to my learning for the first time about Joseph's treasure seeking, use of a peep stone as a psychic devices, and the evolving, changing story about the finding and acquisition of the 'gold plates.' The enchantment that cause buried treasure to sink just beyond their reach and prevented Josiah Stowell and others from finding treasure that Joe told them was there was very troubling.

Joseph Smith lied about his ability to find treasure as he later confessed to hiis bewildered FIL, Isaac Hale. He once told Josiah Stowel that there was a treasure burried with a feather in a certain place. They did not find the treasure but sure enough, they did find the feather. How did something as large, bulky, and difficult to conceal as a feather find its way into that hole? Joseph was a con man.

This con man who lied to his employer is to be taken seriously when he tells the world 18 years after the supposed fact that he saw Elohim and Jesus and that an angel gave him gold plates.
He continued to lie to almost everyone, including his wife about his affairs with other men's wives and teenage girls. It took me a month to come to grips with the fact that 9 of Joseph's first 11 'wives' had husbands who were living, and in most cases, members of the church. Not polygamy. POLYANDRY! Oh, wait. There was that pesky angel with a flaming sword who threatened to kill him if he did not have sex with anyone he pleased.

Joseph's tales just got taller with every step he took. If he could get people to pay him for saying he could find burried treasure using a peep stone, imagine what they might do if he said GOD told him. Personally! Face to face. The Alpha male had his new peep stone and he called it REVELATION.

The BOM is simply the work of this fertile imagination. I worked for 12 years in a Jewish hospital. I cam to understand the Jewish culture and the meaning of some of their traditions. Whatever Lehi and the boys were supposed to have been, they were not living the law of Moses. Why they went to the trouble of committing murder and robbery to obtain the brass plates in order to preserve their traditions is lost to the fact that they were Christians to minute they washed ashore in the New World.

They quoted Paul from the New Testament in their teachings. Right. These were some interesting people: writing in a pagan language-deformed Egyptian-just to save space on the plates instead of their compact, familiar Hebrew language.
Now there is a corporation that only white males from Utah and Idaho are destined to sit on the board of directors. No more of this God appearing to a farm boy crap.
Truth and logic are the enemies of LDS, Inc. Truth does not require constant changes. Plural marriage has gone from being essential to salvation in the celestial kingdom to "it is not doctrinal." The temple ceremony has had to be toned down to attract tithe payors. Hope the sentinals guarding heaven and awaiting the secret hand shakes are kept abreast of the changes.

Enough.

dubya

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 10:42PM

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 10:56PM

Validates a lot of my thoughts and findings along the way back to sanity. Keep it up.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 04:37AM

Posted by: Frequent lurker, seldom poster ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 10:13AM

Amen. Good post.

Posted by: amos ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 11:00AM

I think the Spalding-Rigdon theory holds more water than Smith writing it himself from scratch.

Apologists pose a false dicotomy: either Smith was a prophet, or he was a vastly improbable savant.

Neither.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.