Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: neverbelieved ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 03:24PM

Do you think the Forst Presidency knows it's all a hoax?

Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Free418years ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 03:38PM

How can they not? I also think that the leaders of Scientology know that theirs is a wagonload of horse crap, too. As well as the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Seventh-Day Adventists, the Christian Scientists, the Community of Christ (formerly known as the RLDS) and the leaders of a host of other 19th & 20th century cults that have sprouted like poisonous mushrooms in the US.

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 04:16PM

You left out the pope ....

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 04:21PM

They know, but are Gods to the Mormon community. They don't want to give up being worshipped like a God, and all the power, so they continue the lies and BS.

My 2 cents

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 04:21PM by perky.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 03:39PM

Im going to speak of the 15.

I think some know it's a hoax.
I think others see the cracks and can't explain it.
I think others suffer with severe denial and or cog dis.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 03:57PM

angela Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im going to speak of the 15.
>
> I think some know it's a hoax.
> I think others see the cracks and can't explain
> it.
> I think others suffer with severe denial and or
> cog dis.

This is my sense, too...in large part because, in any situation of this type (not just religious cults...think of Nazi indoctrination during the 1930s and through to--in some cases--well after the end of WWII...think of the Chinese of the PRC during the Cultural Revolution...think of Iranians after the fall of the Shah...think of the Cambodian genocide in the 1970s...or the Rwanda genocide in the 1990s...or the Catholic Inquisition (which lasted FOUR HUNDRED YEARS!!!!!!)...or what's going on in Sudan/South Sudan/Central African Republic/Congo/Uganda, etc. RIGHT NOW)...

...human groups (in general), whose goal is not in support of health and wellbeing, tend to fall into these categories.

Posted by: Jobim (in a public computer) ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 03:44PM

I've seen this asked here several times over the years, and I seem to recall that usually most people agreed that yes, they do know, but just play along for all the luxury, pampering, power, money, etc. That's my opinion as well.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 03:44PM

I cannot see how they could not know after 80+ years of piously paddling about afloat on a sea of sewage.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 05:07PM

Shummy Wrote:
> I cannot see how they could not know after 80+
> years of piously paddling about afloat on a sea
> of sewage.

Well said Shummy..... I agree. They don't blow their cover because then they wouldn't be paid. They're not in it because they love the truth.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 03:48PM

Yes.
I'm sure they realize that they should have seen Jesus by now if it wasn't a sham.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 08:29PM by hangar18.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 03:49PM

No.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 03:49PM

No

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 04:11PM

Not only the 1st pres. but all the top 15 know it is a Hoax and a scam but the Sheep need it and they need the MONEY, FAME, etc.!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS8rRPyRpa4 around minutes 2-6. This is Heart of the Matter Ep.9 pt 2 --- Prosperity teachings. There he reads a letter from Grant Palmer who refers to statements made by a member of the 1st Quo of 70.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 04:21PM

Just watched this!!!

OHF-ing CRAP!!!

May they all rot….

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 04:20PM

Of course they know.

My question is how do they sleep at night.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 04:40PM

PapaKen Wrote:
> Of course they know.
>
> My question is how do they sleep at night.

A plethora of pharmacy potions is provided to assuage that condition.

What I wanna know is how can they shave themselves daily and see their lyin face the mirror?

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 09:05PM

They can still shave themselves?

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 08:50PM

Holland obviously doesn't sleep at night. I think he believes about half of it. He's been trying to convince himself for 50 years that it's all really true, but the doubts come back each and every night.

Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 11:07PM

maybe that's why he has such big bags under his eyes

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 04:50PM

Yes. Each one know he is not a prophet, seer, or revelator. None of them have seen a God or a formerly dead man named Jesus. Each of them know the money is misappropriated and used for business operations and feathering their life bed.

Each one knows the Mormon church is nothing close to what it claims to be. They also justify the fraud as providing value and they all also think they work hard and deserve the reimbursement for their efforts.

They give their worshippers what they want. The show must go on.

The same question, asked a different way.

Do magicians know they aren't actually making rabbits appear out of nowhere from a hat? They are in on the trick, the joke, the Mormon church.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 05:58PM

The 12 went from being witnesses of Jesus Christ to being witnesses of the NAME OF Jesus Christ.
Gordon B hinkley, when asked point blank if he was a prophet of God by a member of the press, replies, "The members sustain me as such."
They are silent on all of the problems associated with the Book of Mormon, and on all the historical issues.
When asked what happened to the plates, they are silent. People scour the internet to find some obscure reference to secondhand accounts of stories told by Brigham Young about wagonloads of plates being stored in the hill, but you won't find that story in any sunday school lessons.
Yes, they know its all a lie.

Posted by: vanessabutterfly ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 06:02PM

In terms of the Pattern of the Double-Bind, I suspect the top Binders-in-Chief know it's a lie, and the way they bind others to them is by concealing the truth. They don't want their Bound followers to know the pattern by which they live their true faith - in themselves, and in money and power.

Ironically, this weakens the Top 15 because they depend on others for their own welfare and sustenance while teaching THEM that THEY should be completely self-reliant.

Posted by: Elwood ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 06:31PM

I think they, and the Q12, are true believers. A lifetime of dedication to the organization makes it very, very difficult to question it. They would silently question themselves before ever questioning the organization.

The only one I think may have admitted to himself it is not what it claims to be is Monson. He seems to just be playing a role.

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 06:37PM

Definitely Monson is faking it. I can't believe that TBMs don't see this. He is role playing, going through the motions. I suspect many of the 12 are so deluded that they still believe. But Monson to me is exhibit #1 of a faker in the big 15.

Posted by: vanessabutterfly ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 06:41PM

Any other fakers you suspect? Whom of the 12 are TBM's, then?

Date: June 06, 2014 09:05PM

I think Packer, Nelson, Scott, Eyring, probably Perry and Christoffersen are TBM.

Oaks, Holland, Bednar, Cook are too obviously defending a losing case on technical grounds. Not TBM.

The MBA's, Hales and Andersen, believe in themselves alone.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 06:49PM

I imagine they all know its bunk.

But do they jive each other? Do they one up each other?

"Good morning, brother. Jesus appeared to me last night and told me to be prepared to lead the Church in the latter days."

Date: June 06, 2014 10:56PM

I've read some things that persuade me that when one of them claims to have had a revelation, the others don't quite know what to do, and often submit when they should be asking more questions. They've left open the possibility of revelation, but they only have a few chance examples of heir own supposed revelations. They're highly vulnerable to a well-placed president or apostle (not too young, not too old) who makes extraordinary or outrageous claims.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 07:51PM

Mormons that I have known believe that anything useful is true. The church is very useful to the top 15. It is as true as a paycheck. Mormonism is as real as buildings and money.

Posted by: Forestpal not logged in ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 07:59PM

Yes.

Some might delude themselves into thinking they and the Mormons are doing some good in the world--but the more intelligent ones can clearly see how TSCC can be of more help to people and nations in need.

At best, some GA's, like my close relative, believe SOME of it.

They are deluded that they have more power than they actually have, that's for sure.

IMO, their disappointment and depression shows in their countenance, body language, and in their dull, droning voices. "We are--dying....we know there's no Celestial--Kingdom....we are very rich, but we can't take it with us--after all."

A bunch of saps, that some of us supported for a lifetime, until we found out they had no clothes.

Posted by: exmo59 ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 09:23PM

I don't think they see any more evidence of the BS than the average member. The ability to deny reality applies to everyone.

Average member sees endless cases of prayers not being answered, promising healing blessings and people dying anyway, leaders lacking in inspiration, etc.

For example, as a member of the bishopric I recall telling Sister Jones that the Lord had inspired me to call her as a Sunday School teacher. To which she replied that she couldn't do it because she was moving from the ward in a few weeks. Why couldn't the Lord tell me that?

Anyway, these kinds of things are happening all over the church, but people find ways to ignore reality, or blame it on themselves, or whatever. Same with GA's.

People are herd animals, and most are subconsciously putting limits on their thinking in order to avoid rejection by the herd. Very smart people have things they won't consider.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 10:35PM

Yes, I believe that that they know that it is hoas but because they have spend so much time and money in it they will stick it out.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 11:05PM

Ah the obligatory, once every third day "do they (Big 15, Q12, or 1st Pres) know it's a hoax? post." I don't know. But 1) why would they admit it, even to each other, if they did (it's a sweet gig, after all), and 2) don't underestimate the power of self-delusion (it's a sweet gig, after all).

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 11:13PM

Yes.

Grant Palmer met privately with a returned mission president and a GA (First Quorum of Seventy). That GA no longer believes TSCC is true. Palmer said, “The GA stated that my [Palmer's] disciplinary action (which would have occurred on the final Sunday of October 2010 had I not resigned), was mandated/ordered/approved by the First Presidency of the Church. I said that if the apostles know the church is not true and yet order a disciplinary hearing for my writing a book that is almost certainly true regarding the foundational claims of the church, then they are corrupt even evil. He replied, “That’s right!” http://mormonthink.com/grant9.htm

Not only does the first presidency know its a hoax, but they are corrupt.

jiminycricket ☺

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 11:16PM by jiminycricket.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.