Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: maxxedout ( )
Date: June 07, 2014 06:35AM

Israel Folau, once wheeled out as a representative of Mormonism in Australia, scored the first try (US would call a touch down) in the rugby international against France. I suggest former rather than Ex as I don't know his status but I understand his whole family left the church. It's an exciting game anyway so going back to it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: June 07, 2014 04:06PM

Well except that it wasn't the first squad and the French pro season is too long, it sounded like the wallabies were rampaging and completely dominant except for a couple of scrums. Congrats to you.

I am one of the biggest French Rugby fans that exists, but I am hoping the two remaining tests end with similar scores. We need to get rid of PSA as head coach in like......about 2 years ago. So I hope a complete shellacking in Oz will get the powers that be to get rid of him.

On a positive and related note, a nice young group of french forwards scored a try today for France and none of them have ever even thought for morgism.

I'm sure we'll be talking next week.

Posted by: maxxedout ( )
Date: June 07, 2014 11:04PM

Certainly, speak next week. Must admit i am not too good with rugby. Being from the south, Melbourne , our game is aussie rules football so its only the international games i get in to. Didn't know France had an issue with their coach.

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: June 07, 2014 11:31PM

That is the big concern - The FFR doesn't seem to have a problem with the coach, but the fans have had enough of the losses and strange selections. I have big concerns about him as well as his assistants. There are also larger problems with the professional system in France that can attract top players from around the world because of the salaries for players in France. This is keeping young french players out of their professional ranks, so they aren't developing young new talent that benefits the national team.

I guess we have two more tests to see if progress is possible or if it is just going to keep sliding down.

Posted by: b0yd ( )
Date: June 08, 2014 04:25AM

The Folau family left the church a few years back. Went Presbyterian, may still go.

They Le Blues play in Max and my city this weekend, my boys play Rugby, we got tickets to go.

I follow AFL, like max, and everyone else in Australia. Soccer is our 4th sport. AFL, cricket, league and soccer, rugby isn't that popular. Great to play and watch kids play, don't understand the rules and the ball is on the ground doing nothing too often. Zcvjzymsbf Ggzvfajyydnnc..n. has c .if.jxnys.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.