Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kimnotnaomi ( )
Date: June 07, 2014 06:24PM

The missionaries are at my door and now in my living room talking to my SO. I have lived here (with my significant other) for 5 years and it's only been since our good friend and neighbor became the bishop that the mishies have come by twice (in the last two weeks). D@#n, I was hoping this would not happen. They really are nice young men, but I just do not want to deal with them right now in my life. And it kind of puts a kink in my friendship now with our neighbor. They want to help my SO paint (he hurt himself in an accident trying to do just that), but we all know the real reason they are here, don't we? I will at least keep some cold water in the fridge for their next visit.....thanks for letting me vent....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: In a hurry ( )
Date: June 07, 2014 07:16PM

They're no longer tracting in many missions and reliant upon referrals from members for people to "teach."

The bishop sounds like a good egg. Perhaps he really does want to help your injured SO with the interrupted painting. And the "service projects" give the mishies something to do. Perhaps you and SO can make it clear to bishie neighbor and mishies that you don't want strings attached. And no, I'm not a TBM.

Date: June 09, 2014 09:33PM

Thanks for your perspective In A Hurry. It would be nice to give them something to do. I know when my son was on his mission in Mexico he liked having projects like this to fill his time (It was just too hot to be tracting all the time).

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: June 08, 2014 12:57AM

Are you mad at the missionaries or the corporation they are interns for?

Date: June 09, 2014 09:32PM

No, not mad at the missionaries, they seem like very nice young men. As for the corporation....well....yep, I'm kind of pissed at them...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.