Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 21, 2010 07:33PM

In case anyone thinks this theology doesn't hurt anyone, hear this:

I joined the Mormon Church when I had four little boys and was a struggling single mom. I remarried and had five girls, one right after another. My husband and I were talking divorce because of his abuse of the boys. He said he wasn't that upset because he needed a Christ to be a savior for "his" planet in the afterlife.

He explained that he married me thinking I was a proven boy-producer...had to be from his loins because of church doctrine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: October 21, 2010 07:36PM

Male determines the sex

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 21, 2010 08:06PM

that's just fucking nuts.

Posted by: Nealster ( )
Date: October 21, 2010 08:20PM

When I get my planet, there won't be any need for a saviour, because when I create beings with free will and with absolutely no evidence of my existance, they will all be let in to hang out with me, if they want. Besides, I won't put any trees with fruits that impart knowledge of good and evil, or talking snakes on the planet.

In fact, I'll create a world free from hunger, poverty, war, sickness, crime and make its inhabitants to be born perfect and immortal already - they can die at will, of their own choice.

And I don't want any worshipping of me either - I'm not that vain!

See? ANYONE can be better than God!

Date: October 21, 2010 09:31PM

Sister Exmo -

that's EXACTLY what I said to him-- "You idiot, on this planet YOU determine the sex!

Unless of course, a modern prophet says otherwise...then science, rational thinking, and common sense can all walk out together.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 21, 2010 09:38PM

Sounds to me like you need to follow through with this guy.

Date: October 21, 2010 09:59PM

Sorry, helemon, that divorced happened as soon as I could walk after the delivery of that last darling girl...:). Incidentally, none of the children have a relationship with him except one who says "I want a dad--besides, he's obviously mentally ill."

I'm going to ask about that on a new thread. That's one that I never know what to say in response.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 21, 2010 11:21PM

Sorry if it sounded like I thought you should stick with him. He definitely sounds nuts.

Posted by: notinspite ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 12:48AM

Mormons see no use for science. I love that a grown man wasn't aware of that. The United States ranks about 15th in science. I am an elementary teacher and I am going to encourage my students to question and research the whys! I am glad you divorced him.

Posted by: Chonerhead ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 03:24AM

You were "talking" divorce with this guy? Let me help and distil things for you based on what you wrote.... this guy is a nut and you need to get yourself, tour boys, and especially your girls away from him. Just make your plans, and one day pack it up and only let the prick talk to your lawyer.
I am sorry for your pain but life is too short for you to put up with a nut like that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.