Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sue ( )
Date: June 10, 2014 04:51PM

The Conference program, speaker bios, and info about a new and improved registration system will be up on our web site within the next week or so. I will let everyone know when they can begin registering. We are excited about the variety of speakers we have this year. Here is the list, and there will be much more on the web site soon.

Richard Menzies -- Native son of Utah, Journalist, Photographer author of "Passing Through: An Existential Journey Across America's Outback" and his recent book, "Virtue Is Its Own Punishment: A Memoir of Growing up Mormon".

David Twede -- Fifth generation Mormon, former managing editor of Mormon Think and currently Editor at Large, David included us all in his resignation from the church by sending his email to them from the 2012 Friday night session of the Foundation Conference!

Janet Heimlich -- An award-winning journalist and the author of "Breaking Their Will: Shedding Light on Religious Child Maltreatment", and also president of the Child-Friendly Faith Project, a national nonprofit public charity that educates the public about the impact that some religious, spiritual and cultural beliefs and practices have on children.

RuthAnn and Ken Sullivan -- Parents of five children, who were highly active in the church all their lives until recently discovering some information that led to a meeting with someone at Church Headquarters that turned out to be very interesting. The family resigned from the church very soon after. They are re-evaluating with their children the core values they now want to be at the center of their daily lives.

Dana Dahl -- The infamous "Insanad" from various blogs and Facebook pages! Dana will entertain us at the Saturday night banquet.

Stay tuned for more info!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: June 10, 2014 05:57PM

Sue, I hope you are planning to video record each of the speakers and put their presentations up on YouTube. I know it has been done in the past. I'm just hoping that this is the plan again for the 2014 conference.

Thanks, jiminycricket ☺

Posted by: Phaser ( )
Date: June 10, 2014 10:10PM

I second that request.

Posted by: lotusgurl ( )
Date: June 10, 2014 10:24PM

a ex morman conference!!! There IS a god!!! :D youtube that sweet apostacy please

Date: June 10, 2014 10:47PM

The Exmormon Foundation has their own "channel" on youtube. Just do a search and the talks from the last few October Conferences are there. And yes, this year's will be posted there also. I know there are some audio difficulties at times, and we are working to make that better this year. Some years are pretty good, others not so good.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: June 10, 2014 10:52PM

I'm excited to see David Twede. Very cool!

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: June 10, 2014 11:04PM

When and where?

Date: June 11, 2014 12:47AM

I have placed a couple of announcements here in the last few months, but we will actually have all the information up on our website within the next 48 hours, to include instructions for registering. I should have put the place and date in what I sent today. It's October 10-12, at The Doubletree Suites in Salt Lake City. I will make an announcement when the Conference page is live on our website.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 11, 2014 01:11AM

A men
& women

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: June 11, 2014 04:32PM

And James Taylor?
I guess we can't pay him enough..sniffle.. sniffle.

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: June 11, 2014 06:23PM

Cool. I'll try to make it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.