Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: crissykays ( )
Date: June 17, 2014 05:12PM

Just to start off I truly love and have respect for my TBM mother and don't want to cause her unnecessary pain and grief But she is doing some things I think are not so nice. My son is 16 and after learning the many lies told by the church I finally came clean with him and told him what I thought but let him make the decision for himself if he wanted to keep attending the LDS church or not. She is so upset about this and is starting to be kinda nasty to him. He is a typical teenager but a very good kid and doesn't deserve her nasty attitude toward him. I don't want to force feed my children the "gospel" lol like my parents did to me and want them to be able to make there own choices. I want to unload on her at times all the BS I have learned about he beloved church but I do not. Even my oldest daughter asked her who she loved the most her family or the church, she responded by saying your supposed to put God first and my dear daughter said yes Gma but God is not the church I don't think she can separate the two anymore. Afraid i'm gonna have to be firm with her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: June 17, 2014 05:15PM

Someone is rude or mean to -MY- child...-I- address it propmtly.

The FACT that it is your (loving?) mother means you need to address it immediately...as an adult and more importantly, as a parent. If your mom doesn't change her tune, you will need to reassess your relationship with her

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: June 17, 2014 06:29PM

Give your mom a card with this quote:

"Just save the relationship"
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 17, 2014 07:06PM

Do NOT allow this grandmother to abuse him again.

Call her and tell her you have seen how she's been treating him. Ask if she can stop this behavior. If she can't or won't, tell her you'll have to keep your son away from her until she changes her attitude.

If you don't defend and protect him, you are part of the problem.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 17, 2014 07:25PM

I would tell her that her feelings are okay, but acting out on them by being nasty to your son is NOT okay. Tell her that if she has anything to say about your son's (lack of) church attendance, she is to bring those concerns to you only and not your son. I would emphasize to her that when she was parenting you, she got to choose how to raise you, and now you have the same rights and privileges in raising your son.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: June 17, 2014 07:29PM

True conditional love.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 17, 2014 10:32PM

Don't all Mormons have two (or more) sides? Good, bad, ugly... not necessarily in that order.

No boundaries, especially when it comes to grandparents. They figure it didn't work so well for their children so they try to indoctrinate the grandchildren.

Most of the lot of them need a good talking to. Many of us know how you feel.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 21, 2014 02:11AM

Any developments in mom-grandma - son-grandson chat?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 19, 2014 05:05AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.