Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 11:54AM

http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/sermons_talks_interviews/brigham1852feb5_priesthoodandblacks.htm

References to Blood Atonement as well.

Also Blacks and/or non-whites are incapable of leadership in government due to inferiority!

We SHOULD refer to the prophets words when speaking in Sacrament meeting, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 02:18PM

I just saw Utah Attorney General, Mark Shurtleff bragging about the "Black History Month and posting a video oh his speech on Twitter. Kinda "look, we're so pro-black now". Gag!

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 02:53PM

that so many citizens of the Mormon Corridor were so upset when Barack Obama was elected. Mormons can yammer up and down that they've changed, but the proof is in the pudding, as they say. No change there. Not yet.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 01:30PM

Posted by: joesmyth ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 11:00PM

It's been my experience that TBM's are all stuck in the 1950s. 1800s are of course, acceptable also. There are even a few people from the 20th and 21st centuries, but they are strange, frightening time-bandits and we do not speak of them. (If we ignore them maybe they'll go away.)

That was my experience.

Posted by: Dave ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 06:17AM

Yep, the LDS cult is still stuck in the 1950s, most definitely.

An example: there is no reason for the rule about skirts for women at Church - no reason other than pathological conservatism or 1950s nostalgia. Today pants are acceptable for women anywhere, in ALL circumstances, even the most formal ones. (Court, Congress, even weddings.)

Yes, back in the 1950s formal attire meant dresses/skirts for women. Some of the them were timidly starting to wear pants for everyday chores, horse riding etc. But going to work, church or other social events wearing pants was just unthinkable.

This has TOTALLY changed ever since. But the Morg is still stuck in the 1950s. You have to wear a skirt to show "respect" for the Lard, and "reverence".

(Nice slacks being disrespectful is beyond me. If there is no air between your legs you are somehow disrespecting the Lard... Moron logic.)

After all, there is no "spiritual" justification for skirts. It's just a man-made, backwards social convention.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 12:08PM

I can remember an old Twilight Zone episode about a ship that crashed on a hostile desert planet and the survivors had to wait thirty years to get rescued. All the women were wearing skirts (it was 1960's TV). If you were marooned on another planet I don't think anybody would care if you wore pants or not but evidently the censors did.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 11:13AM

This speech is the smoking gun that proves Brigham Young was a racist. He made up the priesthood ban out of his own prejudice. How the church can think they can spin this into some sort of death penalty for white men raping (enslaved) black women is total nonsense to anyone with half a brain that can read. Thanks for posting the link.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.