Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Emmahalesmith ( )
Date: March 05, 2011 09:09AM

I was curious about something - what if it wasn't "Brandon Davies" but "Steve Young"? Do you think Steve Young would have received such a publicly humiliating consequence to violating the honor code?

My guess is that Steve Young would never have faced the same kind of scrutiny Mr. Davies is receiving. Makes me want to shrug my shoulders and say "Who cares? This is news?" At the same time, though, I believe that BYU is creating a huge PR problem for the church - a train wreck that many people find compelling to watch (myself included).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: March 05, 2011 10:07AM

Oh yeah they are creating a big PR problem. If I was contemplating going there I would seriously reconsider. There are so many colleges that still fit a conservative mold but don't have people on guilt trips and confessing things all the time. To me this is all so strange. In my faith we take our concerns straight to the big guy....no middle man. It is called a personal relationship with JC which I know is something Mormons are unfamiliar with. Feel bad for a guy who is riddled with so much guilt. To think an organization made him this way. Pathetic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.