Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MarkJ ( )
Date: June 21, 2014 03:35PM

A recent RFM posting listed the temple recommend interview questions as part of a discussion prominent members being excommunicated, It's been a while since I answered those questions and I went through them again one-by-one. When it came to the question about faithfully sustaining the leaders as prophets, seers, and revelators (PSR), I thought that would be a deal-breaker, should I have to answer that today.

On further reflection, I think I could probably answer it in the affirmative. In fact, I would faithfully support any man, woman, or child as a PSR - when they actually act as such. So to the question, "Do I support Thomas S. Monson as prophet, seer, and revelator?" the answer has to be, "Yes! As soon as I see him acting as one!" He passed up a major opportunity in London, and the current excommunication crisis is another in which divine wisdom conveyed by a PSR would be effective. Instead, the message is left to Public Relations experts, lawyers, and other intermediaries. In contrast, the Pope seems to be getting out in front a lot these days.

The telling question then is, does Monson sustain himself as PSR? The church is obviously facing serious challenges to its status quo, and calming platitudes more worthy of a fortune cookie than a bold speaker for truth are not going to carry the day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 21, 2014 05:36PM

Not sustainable

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: June 22, 2014 03:21AM

Well, let's see:

Prophet: What has Monson prophesied? Nothing.

Seer: What hidden knowledge has Monson brought forth? None.

Revelator: What new revelations has Monson recorded? None.

Looks like zero for three to me.

Posted by: MarkJ ( )
Date: June 22, 2014 10:56AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.