Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: June 21, 2014 09:00PM

Deseret News Allegedly trying to put the Salt Lake Trib out of business.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58095557-78/tribune-news-deal-office.html.csp

If ya want to get frantic over Utah News Media issues, here is a good one. People have speculated that this is TSCC trying to silence the media it can not control.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2014 09:06PM by MJ.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: June 21, 2014 10:57PM

Could you be any more wrong?

"Trying to silence the media it can not control." And you're worried about what you assert it cannot control? Makes sense.

Date: June 21, 2014 11:03PM

When you come back do try to make sense and do at least act like you know what is happening.

By silence, I mean put out of business, by control, I mean control what the newspaper does and does not report. Can you comprehend that "Silence" and "control" are two different things?

Get it TIT? From what I can see, TSCC hasn't been able to control what the Trib reports, so it is allegedly trying to silence the tribune by putting it out of business.

Yes, I am worried about a media outlet the LDS can not control being put out of business leaving us with just the Mormon controlled Deseret news. I would think any non-Mormon in Utah would feel the same.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2014 11:22PM by MJ.

Posted by: Mark Sessions Jenson ( )
Date: June 21, 2014 11:23PM

Everything MJ is pointing to is true. The Mo church has been trying to become the ONLY newspaper here for over 15 years now. The hedge fund that got hooked up to this doesn't care either way. They just want money.

The church is up to some real shit here. I hope this situation gets more attention than ordain women. This situation is absolutely a perfect example of how the Mormon church operates. Please people pay attention to this. This is how the Mormons will manage our country if they ever gain the White House.

This situation is not good. Another note to keep in mind is that the Utah AG has announced his office is going to investigate the deal. The problem here is this. Sean Reyes is just an another Mormon. He can only do what he is told. The only law in Utah is the Mormon law.

Wright or wrong AG Reyes has to do what he's told to do. The only solution is to bring enough media pressure to this that the church back pedals.

Date: June 21, 2014 11:27PM

The AG office may want to silence the tribe so the AG can go back to being held uncountable.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 21, 2014 11:37PM

The demise of the Tribune will affect out of state readers as well as Utahns. Reports on the antics of the Mormon church will be suppressed, which is the goal, I suppose.

Posted by: hayduke ( )
Date: June 22, 2014 01:12AM

There was rumor of Huntsman purchasing the tribune. Anyone heard this?

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: June 22, 2014 03:47PM

Any sale has to be OK'd by the morg. Draw your own conclusions.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: June 22, 2014 01:22AM

This is very scary. Gawddamn cult. Utah is a theocracy.

History repeats itself, what did Joe the Ho do when his nasty secrets were published? He had his henchmen destroy the printing press.

Those who are supposed to investigate this are mormons, what are the chances they will be impartial? That number would be zero percent.

Posted by: Mark Sessions Jenson ( )
Date: June 22, 2014 08:09AM

It's well understood here that the huntsman family is very tight with the top corporate heads at a TSCC. The LDS church uses Huntsman's jets for travel. Here's the thing. Huntsman comes in and "Saves" the day. Whew! Close one there...huh guys?! Now Huntsman owns the paper and suddenly the editorial content changes. Oh and when the time is right the ownership of the paper changes, to say, someone on the board at TSCC.

I did spot a copy of the Des news the other day. Oh my god...if that's what is considered journalism no wonder Mormons always come across as uninformed.

It's written in very basic (read as remedial.) language. And is also more of an opinion piece than news.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.