Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 11:37AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 11:59AM

Was busy because bf TBM parents are here now :/ (and hanging out on Exmo wouldn't make them happy (hard enough to deal with them anyway) I got a letter from my SP asking for an interview next Wednesday (July 2nd, 7pm) im his home. Now I asked if I can bring a witness to said appointment and waiting for his response now.

But I keep you posted if anything significant new will happen in that issue.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 01:04PM

Bring one or two trustworthy friends with you and there's no need to ask permission.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 01:06PM

Ditto...Don't ask the bishop for permission...TELL him, that you will meet w/him under the following conditions:

You will have 2 trusted freinds/confidantes with you.
YOU pick the place to meet w/him at. If you're comfortable with your house or maybe a public place..TELL him, don't ask..

Date: June 23, 2014 01:29PM

Perhaps it's better if they just show up.

Posted by: anonrit3n0w ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 06:21PM

Make sure they understand that you will not speak with him or any other so called representative of the church without witnesses. This is completely CYA and you're well within your rights to have someone there who can back you up. Expect to be railroaded. They will protect the church before they protect you.

Posted by: ICEMAN ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 05:31PM

Why would you even consider meeting with a stalker?

Date: June 23, 2014 06:20PM

Hopefully, he isn't also a stalker although he might support the stalking bishop over the victim. That's why it wouldn't be good to go to his home or meet with him without support.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 06:28PM

Read her post again. She says she's meeting with the SP, not the bishop.

Posted by: ICEMAN ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 06:57PM

My bad...thanks for correcting me ;-)

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 12:16PM

Instead of meeting at his home, meet in a restaurant or someplace public. One, you want to be on neutral territory and two, while you can't necessarily bring a stranger into someone's home without permission, you can bring whomever you want to a public location. I wouldn't even ask permission to bring along some moral support, especially if you could potentially be meeting with more than just the SP.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 12:23PM

FAIR WARNING

Never let the oposition choose the place of combat. Battle on your terms in a location and a time of your choosing.

If this is unacceptable to the opposition then don't meet!

My opinion only. Do what you see as being in your best interest.

Posted by: n. cognito ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 12:26PM

and take a witness! Don't ask if you can, just do it.

Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 12:33PM

Please stay safe. It wouldn't surprise me that if you go to his house that there are several other men including the perverse bishop. Even though you have evidence that the bishop is the perverse man who wants to commit adultery be prepared that they will twist it that you with your beauty has turned him on. It is a good old boys club and they will stick together.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 05:49PM

I forgot about this issue with this bishop.

New name Abigail...if this bishop is "eyeing"/stalking you and gives you the willies...do NOT meet w/him at all.

Go to another (mormon) church if you like. When they ask why you are not at your normal (mormon) church, be honest and say that the bishop of that ward has been acting inappropriately towards you and you don't feel comfortable nor spirtually enriched around him..

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 12:36PM

If it is anywhere near legal where you are, I would also start an audio recording device before meeting with these guys.
Maybe two, one displayed publicly, the other in your pocket for your own protection.
Hell I'd do it even if it's not totally legal for my own peace of mind.

Date: June 23, 2014 01:29PM

I am fearing that SP will have others there too. (including him) I heard that he didn't attend Service yesterday. He is "sick" - and I didn't receive any mail from him since last Thursday. Well I definitely will bring someone else to this meeting or put it somewhere in the public. I think the sausages will try to blame me anyway. Ya I turned him on because I turned him down. They will find enough what probably give me a bad feeling.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 06:29PM

"Well I definitely will bring someone else to this meeting or put it somewhere in the public."

Public or not take someone with you.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 04:42PM

I would imply very strongly that there couldn't possibly be anything appropriate about a young woman meeting an older man inside his private home. That sounds terribly unsafe to me. I wouldn't agree to that if we were talking about nevermos, nevermind mormon men. :: shudder ::

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 05:26PM

For the life of me I can't figure out why you would agree to meet with him at all, anytime, anywhere. He's a letch! And maybe worse! What would you advise a daughter in a situation like this. He's getting lots of mileage out of his calling for aiding in his stalking of you.

Please give up the notion that people are "in authority" over you. and that you have to obey.

The elaborate arrangements you have to make to meet with this offensive person is evidence that your intuition in screaming at you to pull the plug on his charade.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 05:53PM

I agree. Showing up for said interview/interrogation gives them power over you.

Ron Burr

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 05:55PM

I was under the impression she was meeting with someone other than the creepy guy. Creepy guy might be there, but isn't the SP different than the creepy guy?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 05:57PM

Given that your bishop has behaved in a very improper way towards you, for the SP to request a meeting with you in his home is highly inappropriate. If you wish to meet with him, insist on doing it at his office, or better yet in a public space. Definitely take a friend with you.

Posted by: Virgil ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 06:17PM

yup

Posted by: whatiswanted ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 06:16PM

Please understand....

The SP will protect his bishop. He claims to have been inspired to call him as bishop and the bishop is his "Boy"

The SP is going to either lay the blame on you or dismiss you as a hysterical woman, because there is no way he was wrong in calling your bishop.

Posted by: Loins of Fire ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 06:32PM

^^^THIS^^^

+100

Posted by: eyesopen1 ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 06:26PM

Meet with the Stake President. Give him the opportunity to follow up on your truth, so that he can get the bishop kicked out of there and not hurt anyone else. It sounds as if the bishop has already been spoken to by his non-attendence. Additionally, don't just wonder whether he's going to have someone there, just ask him. I'd also just ask him why he wants to do it at his home instead of the stake center. Finally, instead of saying you want a "witness," I'd just say that given the nature of the events that have transpired, you would be more comfortable to bring a friend who is aware of everything. You have ALL of the control. You don't have to meet with him anywhere or anytime under any condition, so there is no need in my opinion to be defensive or to assume he's an *sshole.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 06:30PM

+1

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 07:00PM

If you are posting on this board, why are you even bothering agreeing to the meeting?

Date: June 23, 2014 07:39PM

SP has offered to meet at his house, because he is a member of my ward, too. And stake center is about 50km away. His wife is one of my VT, I sometimes hang out with one of their daughters - maybe he thinks it is somehow more comfortable (familar) for me to meet at his home.
Of course it is a legit question, why I am going anyway. And I really thought about if this all makes sense. But after all his molesting pushing behavior, this disgusting emails and so on I have to make it to the end for my own and self- integrity.
I hope that SP will be understanding and see that all evidence speak against the Bish. actually there is nothing to discuss about when the Bish wrote in every detail how he wants to "do it". However I try to see it as a positive sign that he is "sick" now and stopped his daily "How I want to fuck you" "I hate you for ignoring me" and "I can't help myself but I love you" mails for now.

He is definitely sick and distorted, a nearly sane person will stopnthis at a certain point, when being ignored completely and not feeling animated tonpush even harder.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 07:46PM

Hell, I'd be calling the police.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 07:49PM

Evening news. "bishop offs member in SP home after being dispondent over sexual allegations."

Drop this nonsense like a hot rock and avoid all further contact in any form at ALL costs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 07:50PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 07:55PM

> Evening news. "bishop offs member in SP home
> after being dispondent over sexual allegations."

Put it next to the Kate Kelly story.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 08:15PM

If the bishop is sending you these things, forget the SP - CALL THE POLICE!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.