Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Moroni Marten ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 06:08PM

I'm not sure why God needs to craft public advertisements to lure people to His church in the first place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mo larkey ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 06:36PM

Moroni Marten Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure why God needs to craft public
> advertisements to lure people to His church in the
> first place.

Here is why...not so much about the message as much as the way it is presented such as the " I'M a Mormon" ads

t Bonneville Communications, our ability to touch the hearts and minds of audiences makes us an essential resource for organizations with vital messages.

Our unique strength is the ability to touch the hearts and minds of our audiences, evoking first feeling, then thought and, finally, action. We call this uniquely powerful brand of creative "HeartSell"® - strategic emotional advertising that stimulates response.

Our people not only create effective messages; we get them out effectively. We maintain an ongoing public service relationship with more than 11,000 radio and TV stations and networks, and cable networks and systems in North America alone. We distribute public service and paid media campaigns directly from our offices in Salt Lake City.

We are an advertising agency engaged in communications for quality life. Our people are driven by the belief that advertising can - and should - be a powerful, positive influence on the values and lives of people.

Visit us at Bonneville.com
http://www.bonneville.com/?nid=32]

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 06:52PM

Interesting comments too.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 07:25PM

The fucking TSCC can't have it both ways, the shit for brainers.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 07:30PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 08:33PM

I replied to one of those youtube mormon ads by saying that the organization HAS to be a cult if it has to promote that its adherents are normal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2011 08:33PM by acerbicobserver.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 10:59AM

I wonder how long it will be before the author joins everyone here. ;)

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 11:18AM

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 12:03PM

Funny that pages and pages about LDS, Inc are what you find if you Google that phrase in quotes.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 12:38PM

This is one of my favorite responses:

The gospel and the church should be the same everywhere, right? If the local leaders are following all the correlated materials and being led by the spirit? But it clearly is not if some areas focus more on strict personal appearance codes and petty rules and other areas don't. I think that was part of the author's point. I'm not a Utah native, though I've lived here for many years now. I have Mormon relatives and old childhood friends in other states and frankly they are just like all the Utah Mormons I know. So from my perspective, the people in these ads are more the anomalies, and don't represent the majority of Mormons I've ever known.

The highest concentration of active Mormons anywhere in the world is in Utah. David G. Stewart, who has done lots of research for the church over the years in regards to missionary work and member retention just recently released some materials saying his research shows there are only 3-4 million active Mormons worldwide. Close to a million of those are in Utah. So it seems that 1/4th - 1/3rd of all active Mormons are Utahns with the rest scattered over the rest of the world. Add to that that the church headquarters are in Utah and the strong influence the church has over the local gov't. and I think it would be foolhardy to not acknowledge that Utah is a good example of what any predominantly Mormon community would end up looking like.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.