Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: April 18, 2011 10:24AM

so our activity rates look a lot better (ave SM attendance is 215ish so we enjoy almost 50% activity).

The ward clerk has been working very hard and sending records for members who can not be located to SLC. We expect to get many of them back in a few months asking us to follow-up on "these lost sheep".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: April 18, 2011 10:25AM

I guess he doesn't pay attention to the shell game they play with their attendance numbers -- now THAT'S complicated.

Date: April 18, 2011 10:41AM

Since when are financials "too complicated"? They are usually one page and disclose current and prior year assets and liabilities. I can believe that all the documents used to create the financials may be complicated, but the actual report is very straightforward (unlike the morg).

I agree that the games played with membership records are crazy. Here's one fun thing that most wards have to deal with, duplicate records. They are fairly uncommon and impossible to remedy. We have two members in our ward, or should I say four, with duplicate records. On one the difference is a mis-spelled middle name, on the other an extra digit in day of birth (13 instead of 3). SLC will NOT allow the extra records to be deleted despite knowing that we know the members and the members have verified the correct information.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 18, 2011 11:48AM

Too complicated????.....now that is a good one. No way would I be associated with any organization or church that did not have open financials. Mormons are morons when it comes to that.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: April 18, 2011 10:56AM

I wonder if there will be a boundary change soon in order to boost your inactive numbers back up to where the should be so your funding can be cut.

Date: April 18, 2011 11:15AM

It's funny you should say that... There is a VERY small, struggling branch (Steeleville IL) that is being considered for consolidation. Our ward currently provides 100% of the branch's leadership so the branch will most likely be rolled into our ward when the official decision is made.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 18, 2011 01:27PM

Too complicated? Perhaps they have created a rabbit warren that not even THEY can figure out.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.