Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: June 24, 2014 05:35PM

Tristan's posts got me thinking about feelings of paranoia that I've felt and other posters here have mentioned before. How could you not develop some sense of paranoia from living in Mormonism? I mean, you're constantly being gossiped about. The men are always garment-checking each other. The leaders ask invasive questions about your personal life. Every part of your lifestyle is being monitored by your neighbors and ward members. You have no sense of privacy, and your personal life is not your own because it belongs to the "church."

You live in a fish bowl and everybody is watching (and judging) you. Paranoia seems like a natural response to this type of environment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 24, 2014 06:10PM

Mormonism is paranoia.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: June 24, 2014 07:40PM

Seems like paranoia is part of the program. You get to where you can't even trust yourself. My friend won't give a lady a ride home from work.

Guess he's afraid he'll find himself in the backseat with his garments around his ankles. Joseph Smith set a horrible example for mormons - they must all think they've got an adultering pedophile lurking underneath the surface.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 24, 2014 07:43PM

Yes. And if you're a really obedient Mormon you can end up on the earth when it is celestialized and becomes a giant peepstone and anyone can see anything about you simply by looking at the glass beneath their feet.

The goal is to kill everything that is unique about you because you will be too afraid to do anything at all in case someone sees you.

Don't forget. The reason the natural man is an enemy to god is because that would mean the brainwashing didn't take.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.