Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 11:05AM

I love that Kate Kelly did this KSL interview in a sleeveless dress. At least they'll see that she's keeping the rules and not wearing her garments.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=30452723&nid=148&title=excommunicated-mormon-activist-says-she-has-no-plans-to-change&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2014 11:55AM by want2bx.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Adult of god nli ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 11:12AM

It's a cute dress; she looks very appropriate for the weather. Good for her that she doesn't have to wear garments in Kenya!

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 11:16AM

Omg, the TBM comments on this article make me want to puke. I don't know what's worse-- KSL or DN.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 11:29AM

"Let's face it...Korihor didn't exactly make much sense either when he went about preaching you could be saved without Christ...

Now Korihor Kelly is teaching the exact same thing - that you can be faithful without following Church leaders' counsel or the most important doctrine of the Church."

A very Truthful representation of Mormonism by GottaLovTruth using the fictional BoM character Korhor.

Essentially equating the acceptance of Christ and His atonement with obeying Curch leadership, the most important doctrine of the Church.

I would ask GottaLoveTruth, "which leader and when?"

Posted by: zenmaster ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 12:37PM

I think i'm going to start buying stock in Victoria's Secret :)

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 12:55PM

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 02:08PM

she'll have some extra money for clothes!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2014 02:09PM by jerry64.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 02:21PM

Love the irony of Kate being told to stop giving tithing money to TSCC.

And, per the OP, Kate has very nice bare shoulders. :-)

Here's some new coverage of the story from Think Progress:

http://thinkprogress.org/home/2014/06/24/3452713/mormon-church-excommunicates-womens-rights-leader-just-as-they-always-have/

Excerpt below:

While the move seems extreme, it is but the most recent chapter in a complicated history of LDS feminism, where male religious leaders have repeatedly squelched the efforts of women’s rights leaders who oppose official church teachings on gender roles. In Mormonism, women, who make up 56 percent of the church, occupy an unusual position, as they are simultaneously a crucial component of religious life while also systematically denied access to leadership positions and the priesthood.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 05:29PM

The fact that anyone can tell you NOT to wear underwear that you own is laughable....like it's punishable by law...give me a fucking break.....not that you'd wear "ROCKY MOUNTAIN SURF SHIRTS" (what a RM pal called them) if you didn't have to....

Ron Burr

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 07:45PM

I've forbidden the apostles from wearing anything remotely hip. So far, they're toeing the line.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 07:42PM

Those bare shoulders are turning me on. Gotta go...

Posted by: honest1 ( )
Date: June 25, 2014 07:58PM

Loved her responses....the one about not being able to read the disciplinary book is something I did not know being Nonmormon. She speaks well and has many good points. I know this interviewer a little and am ashamed he believes ALL must adhere to Monson without question-the great and mighty prophet. That is why he asked that question. I am proud of Kate.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: June 26, 2014 01:09AM

I think she should get a tattoo -

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: June 26, 2014 01:17AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.