Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 10:10AM

If you think NO CONTACT means NO contact, then you are mistaken. I was sitting in opening exercises of Priesthood yesterday and they were talking about the new home teaching routes.

"I know some of you are getting a lot that are saying NO Contact. Give those to your Quorum Pres, and he will give it to the Bishop, and we will contact them. Everyone on the DO NOT contact list, we are REQUIRED to contact them once a year MINIMUM."

So there you go. Do not contact means...contact at least once a year MINIMUM.

No contact means that you have turned a hose on them and threatened them with legal action, or had your name removed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 10:12AM

Yep - the fake "No Contact" list is just to help those being love bombed believe they have some control over the morgbots assigned to bomb them.

Gawd help you if you resign and a spouse remains behind, you will never be free of the TSCC.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 03:26PM

You won't be free of them but it sure is fun to see your spouse bugged by them. Haha!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 10:13AM

except for limited time spans and in idividual cases.

Posted by: Emmahalesmith ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 01:18PM

Yesterday two suits showed up, claiming to be our home teachers, pretty much assuming they would be invited in.
My husband told them we were not Mormons, to which they replied "According to our records..." and my husband said "According to my records, we're not Mormon" and he told them not to come back.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 01:30PM

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 03:19PM

+1

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 03:23PM

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 01:32PM

and maybe a lawyer too!!! hey Tim.... you excited??

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 05:57PM

As you might guess, this is not a very effective way to not get kicked (visited) by Mormons. Visiting members is what they do.

Better to remove the Kick Me sign.

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 10:43PM

Posted by: kestrafinn (not logged in) ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 10:47PM

I'm curious why you didn't speak up and point out that if someone wishes not to be contacted, that it's harassment for them to do so, and shows incredibly poor judgment and disrespect by the church.

Mormons don't know boundaries because few people stand up to them. They're shocked when they're told no - but they need to be told no.

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: March 07, 2011 11:40PM

Unfortunately remainig a member implies consent to contact from representatives of the organization you are a member of. It's not harassment it you stay on the roles even if it is in poor taste for them to presist. Resignation is the only sure fire do not contact list, especially if you threaten legal action in your letter and make sure the bp and sp get copies.

Date: March 08, 2011 09:43PM

No. The law doesn't stipulate that mormons can harass someone just because they don't jump through specified hoops.

Employers, venders, relatives, public workers, salespeople, neighbors, strangers, churchpeaple are all required to stay away from private property if they know that the owners/renters consider them as trespassers if they sneak where they're not welcome.

The church handbook isn't part of the legal system.

Date: March 08, 2011 10:06PM

"Employers, venders, relatives, public workers, salespeople, neighbors, strangers, churchpeaple are all required to stay away from private property if they know that the owners/renters consider them as trespassers if they sneak where they're not welcome."

None of those people are organizations of which people are "members". By remaining a member you consent to thier stupid rules wether you care to or not. Thier rules are of no weight outside the group

Contact includes mail and phone calls. You can forbid people from entering private property with signs, walls or fences, for sure but you can't stop them from sending letters, contacting family to inquire about you, etc.Short of resignation with a demand for no contact you will be hard pressed to keep unrestrained assholes from trying to drag you back into the cult.

I mean this all in a practical sense of course. I'm sure if you wanted to spend the money on lawyers and various legal options you could keep your membership and keep the cult reps away. Then after all that they could excomunicate you out of spite and in the end all you did was submit to thier controll and waste a whole bunch of money you didn't need to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 10:13PM by luckychucky.

Date: March 09, 2011 07:09AM

Most of my examples can be organizations of which people are members.

Belonging to an organization does not mean representatives are legally allowed to harass or trespass on private property once the member tells them this is unacceptable. Trespassing and harassment are illegal.

Date: March 09, 2011 02:08PM

I am aware that trespassing and harassment are illegal. But to sue for harassment you generally have to show that some intent to cause harm or to intimidate was held by the church. That is pretty hard to do if you are willfully remaining a member of thier organization. It is common knowledge that if you are a Mormon you can expect visitors, phone calls, etc. Trying to claim harassment from the mormons when they are just being good little morgbots without intent to harm you is like trying to claim the paper boy is harassing you with his constant deliveries but refusing to cancel your subscription.

The same go's for trespassing. By staying a member you invite them to come by and do thier job. In my state the only remedy is to post writen notice outlining the activities you prohibit on your property with your name and adress printed on the bottom. No trespassing ans no soliciting signs are to ambiguous to be considdered legal notice. For example:

POSTED: NO TRESPASSING
NO HUNTING, FISHING
OR VISITS WITHOUT PRIOR
APPOINTMENT.

Jon Doe
123 My St
Somewhere, NM
Phone # here

If you have something like that visibly posted then you can claim they were trespassing, at least in my state and according to my local police. Maybe the laws are different where you are at.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2011 03:38PM by luckychucky.

Date: March 09, 2011 03:10PM

Stalkers often think they're "helping" the target of their attention when the victim is scared of emotional/physical harm, invasion of privacy and property damage.

Evil intent makes the crime more egregious but absence of intent does not eliminate the harm.

Posted by: Tabitha ( )
Date: March 09, 2011 03:23PM

This is no different than when I worked for a telemarketing survey company. We had a list of names to call. We were told that if the person we called screamed at us and said "do not contact" we were to add them to a call list that would call them less frequently. Or if they were really nasty we were told to simply add them back to the regular rotation just to piss them off. Or we could hand them to our supervisor and they would take care of it. But we were told to basically never stop calling no matter how livid they got. And we weren't even selling anything! We were hired to do political surveys.

I also remember when I was exiting and calling up the relief society president and telling her I desired no contact. She hemmed and hawed and said "well I don't know if I can do that." I insisted that she could and hung up. Later I got a call from my TBM hubby at the time who called me rather befuddled because he had been called asking if he would give his permission to his wife's request for no contact! I called the relief society pres. back and she sweetly said, "Oh yes dear, we've taken care of it." But then they proceeded to send me condescending notes in the mail after every conference with quotes like "Leave your doubts on a shelf and be faithful".

I showed up after class one day in a tank top and shorts and handed the damn letter back to her son and told her that he needed to tell his mother that no contact means no contact and that legal action would be taken if she couldn't understand simple linguistics. Then I moved and got my name removed.

Silly Mormons. Just have to keep setting your boundaries!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.