Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous for this. ( )
Date: June 11, 2011 11:06PM

My parents received food, clothing, soap and toiletries, cleaning products, fridge, microwave and even a $500 debit card from Islamic, Buddhist groups and the Salvation Army as well as small local independent (meeting in uninsulated warehouse space) churches. They are regularly visited by counselors asking if they need help with anything, mental health workers from the Salvos (Salvation Army) who are trained to identify depression and PTSD.

They are still offered food and other household goods by these religious groups.

Other non-members gave a washing machine, furniture including couches, beds, table and chairs. They helped clean, cooked food, cried and laughed.

Members of their LDS ward helped clean up the ruined house.

However, the LDS corporation gave zero monetary donations. Dad contacted the Stake president and was told to first ask immediate family (myself) for help, then extended family, then OTHER ORGANISATIONS, which the local church KNOWS are other religious groups. Finally dad was told to ask the church which MAY help. There is no DI here, so that would mean financial help.

All the while this CULT collected 10% from my parents meager income - an elderly couple with nowhere to live.

This fucking cult, the self proclaimed true church of Jesus Christ sends its members to Buddhists (Tzu Chi) and Muslims and other Christians for help. ABSOLUTELY SHAMELESS MONEY GRABBING BASTARDS call these other religions all sorts of pejoratives, and then send faithful tithepaying members who need real help to take their money and aid.

LOCAL LEADERS ARE SNIVELING SYCOPHANTS TO THE AREA WHO LIE TO MEMBERS TO THROW THEM OFF THE MONEY TRAIL, WHICH LEADS BACK TO SALT LAKE.

Well my father, who once defended this cult, told me he won't pay welfare or fast offering any more. Mum is all that keeps him going. He said he knows the Lamanite story is a lie, that they changed the BoM intro after DNA evidence to try and hide the fact the BoM is bogus. He said he's sick of them lying all the time, threatening men he knows with excommunication if they don't stop telling true history to other members. HE said they are not acting how a Christ led church would act and he has given up on the cult.

He said he's had a gutfull of bullshit.

This lying greedy CULT is killing itself. THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE DAD!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anona ( )
Date: June 11, 2011 11:17PM

Sorry for your dad's loss..

I watched the local news last night here in Zion and the big 15 who are in charge of the MONEY & humanitarian services were dining mighty fine at the re$tored Joe $mith Building. Be sure to tell him that the GA's are fine and fed well and have a roof over there heads and set for life.

THE BOOK OF MORMON
CHAPTER 8
37 For behold, ye do love money, and your substance, and your fine apparel, and the adorning of your churches, more than ye love the poor and the needy, the sick and the afflicted.

and ...
Mormon 8:32
"Yea, it shall come in a day when there shall be churches built up that shall say: Come unto me, and for your money you shall be forgiven of your sins."

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 11, 2011 11:44PM

Way to go, Dad! My friend left for a similar reason. After spending a lifetime of faithfully paying tithing, never failing, serving a mission, always accepting callings and assignments, etc., when she really needed help, just once, they said, "No." She was so shocked. She left.

I'm so sorry your family lost so much, but I'm happy that they're finding people in the community who are there for them.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 11, 2011 11:54PM

I'm glad that your father took it as his wake-up call, however. The LDS church cares more about building their multi-billion dollar mall than they care about your family's needs after such a devastating loss.

You might consider putting your family's experience into a letter to the editor of the Salt Lake City Tribune. Shame the church and its officials!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2011 12:13AM by summer.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 02:16AM

projects controlled by the suits in SLC. Anyone who really believes that any of those commercial projects are intended to ultimately benefit the ordinary members of Churchco is seriously deluded.

There is a reason why they don't make a full public accounting of how church assets are handled. I'm pretty sure that for the entire history of the LDS Church the flow of funds from congregations to the center (i.e., the General Authorities) has exceeded the flow of funds from the center to the congregations and programs participated in by ordinary members. They will do everything they can to keep it that way.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 03:05AM

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 12:00AM

is happening, but WOW.

To be told to ask other churches for help when he is a lifelong Mormon?!?!

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 12:20AM

Posted by: Kiribati ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 03:43AM

In the late 1970's a lady in my neighborhood got the bishop to pay her house payment, utility bills and give her access to the storehouse.

She was very pretty. I wondered at the time if that is why she got so much.

Posted by: OZDoc ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 04:03AM

Sorry to hear of this-it was one hell of a storm.I bet there was some church spin in "helping".

One of my "Ah-Ah" moments years ago which changed me from viewing myself as no longer "inactive" to "dis-affected" was hearing someone in similar circumstances on talk back radio.There was some PR reason for radio- a temple finally opening in Sydney or something.The PR guy was taken aback when a former member berated him on air about the church's poor record in social services using the lack of care of elderly parents as a specific.The caller went on to add that the church in Australia supported no programmes in education, child welfare, health or senior services in contrast to all other churches, ethnic groups & social groups.

There was no possible defence from the church spokesman,just the usual testimony crap.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 04:16AM

I would LOVE that law here.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 01:48PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.