Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Thomas ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 06:40AM

Good God has anyone read this!

http://www.mormonwomenstand.com/kate-kelly-stand-by/

Worst thing I've read in a while complete crap.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Charee ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 06:56AM

Wow, just Incredible.

"Toscano used to be a member of the Church until she, too, was excommunicated for advocating for female priesthood ordination. Do you see a pattern here? Follow an apostate and you will very likely end up in the same place. Is that what you want? I hope not."

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 07:13AM

The author adds a "Disturbing Facts" hyperlink? Nice move. It's a bitchy thing to do, like old ladies whispering at relief society about someone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2014 07:14AM by rationalist01.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 07:25AM

rationalist01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The author adds a "Disturbing Facts" hyperlink?
> Nice move. It's a bitchy thing to do, like old
> ladies whispering at relief society about someone.

That link goes to http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/25/feminist-mormon-says-shell-fight-her-excommunication/

So the disturbing fact is that Kate will appeal? Or is it that Kate still considers the mormon church to be her spiritual home? Or is it the fact that the news report showed in text that 12 year old boys get priesthood, which is supposed to be kept quiet?

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 07:20AM

Before the web erupts into ROFLMAO's and your words are used in internet Memes, let me be the first to congratulate you on your hilarious insight regarding absolutely nothing of lasting importance. Your Male overlords are most pleased.

Posted by: honest1 ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 12:08PM

+10 Male overlords. Like that.

Posted by: Calico ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 10:22AM

The pictures of Joseph Smith and Jesus make me want to vomit as well.

Josesph Smith was not a light haired square jawed Ken doll look alike. He had medium brown hair and a pointy chin.

Jesus would not have looked like a NFL linebacker of European descent. I understand that the medieval European painters made him look European, but there is no excuse for that, these days.

Posted by: Snarky ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 10:44AM

Calico Wrote:
> The pictures of Joseph Smith and Jesus make me
> want to vomit as well.
>
> Josesph Smith was not a light haired square jawed
> Ken doll look alike. He had medium brown hair and
> a pointy chin.
=============================================
And not much of a one at that.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 11:59AM

"There have also been ministering angels in the Church which were of Satan appearing as an angel of light. A sister in the state of New York had a vision, who said it was told her that if she would go to a certain place in the woods, an angel would appear to her.

She went at the appointed time, and saw a ***glorious personage descending, arrayed in white, with sandy colored hair***;
he commenced and told her to fear God, and said that her husband was called to do great things, but that he must not go more than one hundred miles from home, or he would not return; whereas God had called him to go to the ends of the earth, and he has since been more than one thousand miles from home, and is yet alive. Many true things were spoken by this personage, and many things that were false.

How, it may be asked, was this known to be a bad angel? By the color of his hair; that is one of the signs that he can be known by, and by his contradicting a former revelation." - History of the Church, volume 4, chapter 33

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 11:38PM

An imaginary character cannot look like an NFL linebacker of European descent ?

That outrageous !!!!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 10:29AM

Besides the idealized pictures of JC and JS, who is that blue-eyed woman supposed to be, a Nephite from Scotland?

Posted by: MCR ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 10:43AM

Gawd. If this blog post isn't a reason to oppose and destroy Moism, I don't know what is. This is fanaticism incarnate. With this kind of non-reasoning, which is an appeal to bare authoritarianism, one could defend any action, no matter how reprehensible. Warfare, destruction? No problem.

The poster says no matter how much KK may have helped you in the past to do anything, understand the church, understand the priesthood, now that the authorities have labelled her an apostate by excommunicating her, you owe her nothing. Because, actually, any good she did for you, actually came from those who excommunicated her, not from any effort of hers. Moroni said so. She was simply used for greater purposes by Gawd, because he's a cruel dickwad, who would actually sacrifice his own children to benefit other children. Does Gawd also harvest the kidneys of some of his children to give them to others of his children? Gawd's morality in this blog post is so low as to be shocking.

A religion that teaches people to be so self-centered, and so callous regarding those to whom they owe a debt of gratitude is not a religion. It's a cancer. To start off by outlining what a woman might owe KK, and then to say discard her, forget her, reject her, is despicable. No wonder women can divorce a spouse over "apostacy." No woman owes gratitude for anything done for them as a human. Their ego centers only on serving as a vessel for men who despise them and use them.

There will be no women's rights until women stand up and take themselves seriously as fully-fledged people. There were no gay rights until gays left the closet.

Posted by: Edmond Dantes ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 10:47AM

The article quoted that famous saying that no unhallowed hand could stop god's work...

I guess we'll have to let hallowed hands do all the heavy lifting, then.

Any volunteers?

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 11:00AM

Considering that this blogger is the one who seems to look for the gay agenda in Disney children's movies, this type of fanaticism isn't too surprising. Her main blog is the one that had the now famous article about the "gay agenda" in Frozen. She's probably upset that the church isn't able to do Blood Atonement these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2014 11:01AM by adoylelb.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 11:21AM

Mormons can't even tell the truth in their art. Why do Mormons keep insisting righteousness is tied to blond hair and blue eyes? They even claim that is how you tell the devil's angels from God's angels. God's are blonde. And, Who's the blonde with the viking braids? I had no idea there was a Helga in the book of Mormon who had sisters names Elke and Brigitte.

"A mess of pottage?" What a lazy dismissal of someones earnest cause.

The whole blog is not about standing by KK. It's true purpose is to make the blogger appear to the most wise and benevolent person on the planet. It is beyond self-serving.

Sister Skagg is just another Judas Goat keeping women subservient to men.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 12:06PM

A relative posted a link to this on FB. What can I say when this essay seems perfectly okay to them? Shaking my head.

Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 12:10PM

This blogger says: "For instance, I stand with Jesus Christ; His Prophet and the Church He organized through the Prophet of the Restoration, Joseph Smith Jr. I stand with them because I have a deep and abiding testimony that this work is true and that an inspired prophet of God leads it."

Because this is the premise of her statement and the premise is nonsense, the whole statement is corrupt.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 01:37AM

Read between the lines. This story spews bullshit in every way. The younger, stonger civilians know much more than the prophets of old. the shakled, bubbled prophets. or was told..

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 12:37PM

Is this like..... Stockholm Syndrome?

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 12:44PM

Horrible. Horrible. That blog post is, however, educational. The blog post unwittingly exposes all the worst aspects of mormonism.

Furthermore, the writer has no idea how horrible the post is -- and that's another common trait of mormon culture: individuals have self-awareness and normal human perspectives excised from their brains. Or maybe self-awareness in abraded down to nothing with via constant scrubbing with dogma (an abrasive substance for sure).

The narrow, constricted perspective gives me the willies.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 28, 2014 12:47PM

If the picture on the right is supposed to be Joe Jr. it fails miserably. It is a joke!!

These people need to attend seminars in reality therapy.

Their illusion has become delusion.

Posted by: seeking peace ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 12:02AM

This is the woman that "was" allowed to meet with church leaders and discuss the issues that women face. That is very disturbing! She has become a spokesperson now for the 80% who are so happy with their pathetic lives. She is the one reminding our friends, neighbors and families how dangerous it is to mingle with an apostate. Looks like Gayle Ruzika in Utah has found her replacement. I wish articles like this would get more national exposure to show what the "I am a Mormon" campaign just never quite accurately portrayed.

Posted by: dodgeawrench ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 12:12AM

Now I want to hurl!!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 12:14AM

Skaggs has nothing to say, and she's determined to say it.

I mean, this woman would complain about the rampant diversity in the Stepford community. "Some people have bad thoughts and don't fit in."

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 01:10AM

Hahaha! Sums it up...

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 01:25AM

"We don’t need to find people who think and feel exactly as we do in order to find community among our sisters in the gospel."

--but if you don't act/dress/speak just so, then you won't be as "far along on your journey" as those who check off their heavenly to-do lists, and therefore you aren't worth their time (oh except for v.t. assignments at the end of the month!!).

"You will never find the answers to our deepest questions in a blog post, on Facebook, or in an online forum—and especially not among this who hold contrary feelings toward the Church or its doctrine."

--So why did you waste your time and ours by writing this blog?

"So, if those are some of the places you’ve been looking for answers, or support, perhaps you might want to reconsider your strategy and turn directly to the Lord."

--thanks for giving us permission to disregard everything you have written, write, or have yet written to these poor, confused mormon women

About Kathryn Skaggs

Mormon Women Stand, Founder. Kathryn's online work includes blogging at 'A Well-Behaved Mormon Woman' sharing personal thoughts about Mormonism, traditional marriage, family and some current events. She is a pioneer in using social media to "noise abroad" the gospel of Jesus Christ. She particularly enjoys gathering like-minded members to join her in standing for truth and righteousness. 

Posted by: c48gl ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 12:15AM

this comment cracked me up, this lady is a whole new level of crazy to write a comment like this thats this long

Thank you for the inspirational message on this site. Ever since this OW and Ms. Kelly’s argument came about, I’ve read so many comments on those defending the church as well as those, including members that are actually standing for Ms. Kelly’s cause. The sad thing that I’ve come to realized after reading so many of these comments from different websites, including media coverage, is the fact how Ms. Kelly and those who stand and defend OW’s argument have forgotten (or perhaps don’t believe in this process anymore) to take these questions straight to the source, of whom the church belongs; our Heavenly Father, through sincere praying, fasting, studying the scriptures on a daily basis, patiently waiting for answers by being in tune with the Holy Ghost at all times, and all these through living by the gospel’s principles and covenants righteously as taught to us by the scriptures, words of the prophets and leaders, and preparing ourselves by living worthy of all our covenants and being humble. In following these steps as we’ve been taught in the gospel, and having faith that our Heavenly Father answers all prayers, and anything that we ask for, the answers will eventually be revealed to us in the “Lord’s own due time,” not ours. Our Heavenly Father will determined the right time for each and every one of us when we’re ready and worthy to receive these answers. One cannot hurried the process, nor the Lord would allowed us to be left hanging confused, and unsure of all these questions pertaining His kingdom. Article 9 does remind us that “….the Lord will reveal many and important things pertaining His kingdom..” especially in this last dispensation. However, Ms. Kelly and OW’s approach contradicts this spiritual and moral belief and teaching that I’ve personally taken and had been abundantly blessed with in so many levels over the years. I was born and raised in the church. My father was a devout and strict man when it comes to living by the rules on a daily basis but it didn’t stop me from making mistakes and wrong choices (and still is), but eventually, thanks to non-relenting and consistent parents, my own personal conversion of the truthfulness of gospel occurred during my late teen years. I served a mission, and I may be wrong but I thought I read that Ms. Kelly is also a returned missionary. If this is true, it boggles the mind that she is now engaged in an argument that goes against everything that she represented and taught during her mission. I feel sad for Ms. Kelly and everyone else that are standing for her cause and those who are defending her argument and still say they are devout Mormons. It is not for me to say that I am proclaiming myself more righteous than Ms. Kelly, the OW, those who stand with and defending her, or anyone else for that matter but like the message reflected on this wonderful article, if we’re not careful, an inch crack of a doubting window or door in one’s heart is more than enough for the adversary to enter. In my opinion, Ms. Kelly and OW is treating this matter the way a political issue is being handled. I saw a media coverage of one woman holding up thousands of signatures gathered from Ms. Kelly’s supporters petitioning the wrongful excommunication of Ms. Kelly, and that they are still demanding answers from the prophet. Her father, husband, and her supporters media coverage of everyone walking up one by one and throwing a piece of paper on the ground while declaring something… This is not a political issue, and the church is not the government; If it were, I would’ve been right there beside Ms. Kelly, encouraging her on because I’m an activist by nature, but this is not a political issue and the idea of having more media exposure will boost the morale of her group and supporters because she will undoubtedly gain more supporters and sympathizers for her cause this way, especially with all the negative public opinion the church has been bombarded with on other issues such as same sex marriages. However, I supposed Ms. Kelly, being a successful attorney is very sure of herself and the secular educational accolades she’s accomplished to take the prophet, and the first presidency all the way to the supreme court. I am saddened for Ms. Kelly and everyone else standing with her, and hope they will humble yourselves and pray for forgiveness for this act of apostasy you’ve brought upon yourselves. We are cautioned by the scriptures and the teaching of the prophets and leaders not to pride ourselves with the secular knowledge we acquire, but more apt to humble ourselves and listen to the soft whisperings of the Holy Ghost. Without repentance with a sincere and contrite heart, we will forever be beneficiaries of the buffering prideful inclinations of the adversary in our hearts. An example of such is the fact that regardless of the process taken by Ms. Kelly’s bishop in regards to counseling before excommunication, and the many counsel by the apostles during the general conferences explaining the role of the priesthood in the church and why men only holds the priesthood, and the special role women have in regards to their male counterparts holding the priesthood; different responsibilities but blessings are the same, and the fact that if Ms. Kelly, OW, and her supporters were members of the church all these years, how can they possibly think that the approach that they’ve taken in getting answers to their questions is going to get positive results? Especially when she organized herself a group, started teaching contrary to the teaching of the gospel, and recruiting members? Is this the way we’ve been taught to resolve our spiritual questions and misunderstandings on gospel principles and teachings? Organize ourselves groups, stand in line with media coverage petitioning tickets to attend general conference priesthood meetings? Giving media press releases, and so forth? Ms. Kelly and her supporters already know the answers to these questions, HOWEVER, they’ve insisted that it’s about time the church recognized the woman’s right to hold the priesthood because the church has excluded women from important internal church affairs too long, and women should have a voice in these proceedings. does this sound familiar? it is now a constitutional right and vote? what happened to patience, obedient, and faith that when it is time, the Lord will reveal His will to His living prophet? Ms. Kelly and the OW has now completed their transformation from a spiritual gathering to political activists? they’ve quoted a few lines from scriptural references, a few passages from the teachings of the prophets and leaders of past and present to justify, rationalize, and sensationalized their cause nationwide and globally. If Ms. Kelly and her followers are somehow hinting that just because the prophet is called of God, including the apostles, and all the leaders of the church, don’t make them perfect and incapable of mistakes, I testify to you that all people make mistakes. Yes, even the prophet and our leaders, BUT, point out one ancient, and/or latter day saint prophet, apostle, leader, man, woman, that was and or is perfect?!!! YES, EVEN MOSES, WHO PARTED THE RED SEA MADE A LOT OF MISTAKES. WHAT ABOUT NOAH? PAUL? KING DAVID? JOSEPH SMITH, AND SO ON, AND ON? The Lord is mindful of our mortal weaknesses, but yet, He’s also made it very clear that “…..he only reveals His will to His servants the prophets.” (Amos 3:7), and for all the faithful and righteous of His children to”….ask, and he shall receive. Knock, and the door will be opened unto you.” Apostasy occurs when one has conscientiously and willingly made the choice to ignore the standard and fundamental teachings of the gospel, relied on the prideful buffering of Satan that have stirred their hearts against the counsel and advise of the Lord’s chosen leaders. Even if one does not agree with the decisions, including myself on several occasions, but relying on deep-rooted faith and humility, and the unwavering belief that this is God’s church, and if He knows that His prophet on earth and the 12 apostles have somewhat strayed from the way His gospel should be led here on earth and that He disagree with the leaders decision of excommunicating Ms. Kelly, or anyone else past/present, I TESTIFY TO YOU ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, HE WILL MAKE IT KNOWN IN HIS OWN WAY, AND ONLY GOD WILL JUDGE OUR LEADERS AND THEIR DECISIONS, AS WELL AS ALL OF US; NOT MS. KELLY, OW, HER DEFENDERS, MYSELF, OR ANYONE ELSE. THAT BEING SAID, I KNOW IT IS THE RIGHT DECISION. I BELIEVE WITH ALL MY HEART THAT PRESIDENT THOMAS S. MONSON IS HIS CHOSEN PROPHET HERE ON EARTH, AND THE CHURCH IS PERFECT AND CONTAINS THE TRUTH OF ALL THINGS AND OUR SALVATION, BUT MANKIND IS NOT. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES AND UNFORTUNATELY IMPACT OTHERS TO DOUBT THE CHURCH AND MAKE IT HARD FOR THEM TO ACCEPT ITS MESSAGE. AFTER EVERYTHING IS SAID AND DISCUSSED ABOUT MS. KELLY, OW, HER SUPPORTERS, AND ALL MEMBERS WORLDWIDE, WE HAVE BEEN ASSURED THAT THE LORD WILL NEVER LET UNRIGHTEOUS LEADERS LEAD HIS KINGDOM HERE ON EARTH, OR LEAD HIS CHILDREN ASTRAY. LET US ALL REFLECT BACK FROM THE TIME OF ADAM AND EVE, UP TO DATE. HAS HE EVER FORSAKEN HIS CHILDREN SINCE THE BEGINNING? THE ANSWER IS NO! HOWEVER, YOU AND I WILL HAVE TO DO OUR PART AND LIVE BY HIS TEACHINGS, OBEDIENT TO HIS PROPHETS/LEADERS, KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, BE HUMBLE AND GRATEFUL, AND STRIVE TO ENDURE TO THE END!!! THE CHOICE IS NOW UP TO ALL OF US; STAND FOR MS. KELLY AND HER SUPPORTERS, OR STAND BY HER AND HAVE A COMPASSIONATE HEART AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE ETERNAL CONSEQUENCES SHE IS NOW FACED WITH!!! SOMETIMES, BLIND FAITH AND BEING OBEDIENT TO OUR LEADERS EVEN IF WE DON’T UNDERSTAND OR DISAGREE, BUT DO IT ANYWAY JUST BECAUSE DEEP IN YOUR HEARTS WE KNOW WE WILL BE BLESSED FOR DOING SO, NOT ONLY THE ANSWERS WILL EVENTUALLY BE REVEALED TO US IN PERSONAL REVELATIONS, OR SO MANY OTHER WAYS, BUT WILL ALSO BRING US GREAT BLESSINGS, SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING, AND INNER PEACE!! P.S. FOR THOSE WHO ARE STANDING WITH MS. KELLY, OW, HER SUPPORTERS AND DEFENDERS – AS MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH, WE ALL KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN ASK QUESTIONS, BUT PLEASE STOP MAKING HER A VICTIM FOR HER CURRENT UNFORTUNATE SITUATION, AND MAKING THE LEADERS’ DECISION “THE WRATH” THAT WILL BECOME OF ANYONE THAT DARES ASK QUESTIONS. DON’T YOU THINK IF IT WAS UP TO THE PROPHET AND IF IT WAS HIS CHURCH HE WOULD’VE MADE ACCOMMODATIONS TO NOT EXCOMMUNICATE MS. KELLY? THE PROPHET HAS TO ANSWER TO A HIGHER POWER, AND HE KNOWS THIS, AND EVERY DEVOUT MORMON KNOWS THIS, OR THE JUDGEMENT OF GOD WILL BE UPON HIM. WE FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT WE ALL HAVE THE FREE AGENCY TO BE OBEDIENT TO OUR LEADERS AND OUR HEAVENLY FATHER’S COMMANDMANTS, OR WE CAN WALK AWAY AND LIVE OUR OWN LIVES OUTSIDE OF GOSPEL TEACHINGS! PRESSURE IS THE CONSCIENCE TRYING TO TELL YOU TO STOP, PONDER, PRAY, FAST, AND THINK IT OUT VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU ACT. HOWEVER, IF YOUR ACTIONS INCLUDE TEACHING BELIEFS CONTRARY FROM THE GOSPELS’, RECRUITING AND CAUSING OTHERS TO FOLLOW AND FALL AWAY FROM A CHANCE OF SPIRITUAL AND ETERNAL SALVATION, YOU ARE NOW NOT ONLY FIGHTING AGAINST OUR CHOSEN LEADERS HERE ON EARTH, BUT ALSO FIGHTING AGAINST GOD HIMSELF!!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 12:20AM

Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 12:43AM

This blog post is why women will need many more years to be equals to men, regardless of how many college graduates are female: they turn on one another, so readily.

Through this lady's insincere post you find a woman not comfortable with another woman challenging -- with scripture and Joseph Smith's own words -- the male-dominated hierarchy.

This woman doesn't have enough estrogen to admit that she's not even standing "by" the other women deflecting taking a true stance by parsing words: "standing with" versus "standing by."

SPARE ME, WOMAN!

Posted by: Exdrymo ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 10:18AM

newcomer Wrote:
> Through this lady's insincere post you find a
> woman not comfortable with ...

Oh I believe she's totally sincere.

Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 10:49AM

Exdrymo Wrote:
> newcomer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Through this lady's insincere post you find a
> > woman not comfortable with ...
>
> Oh I believe she's totally sincere.

..."sincere" about standing with Kelly?

Posted by: Blah ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 12:53AM

Blah Blah Blah

Posted by: apawst8 ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 01:31AM

Isn't it special when women post their opinions . . . especially when the church just told them that their opinions are meaningless.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 10:02AM

LOL, now THAT was funny!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.