Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 02:24AM

So my very young adult daughter (a nevermo) has several good LDS friends, one of whom is getting married this summer. In the temple.

The maid of honor is not LDS, and has to wait outside. I don't get it...kind of an honorary title I guess? Do temple weddings even have best men and maids of honor?

But I digress. My daughter has been asked to help plan a bachelorette party. To be held, at least in part, at my home.

This same daughter has attended a few really raunchy ones, but has been informed that at least one of the upcoming participants has already mentioned "keeping temple standards".

WTF? It's a bachelorette party, for Christs sake.

I'm going to suggest she hire a male stripper to show up, cop uniform and all, and then strip - all the way down to a pair of Mormon approved underwear. I'm sure I can round up a pair.

Any other great ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 02:33AM

A cupcake licking contest.

Posted by: vh65 ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 02:49AM

That is not such a bad idea. (Comes from the lesson about non-virgins being like a licked cupcake - who wants that)

I think it really depends on your crowd. You might have a group that enjoys virgin cocktails and your stripper (but down to funny boxers or long johns - Mormon underwear isn't supposed to be shown to outsiders so someone will be offended). Maybe a night at an under 21 club with no alcohol? I have seen sexy lingerie gifts...

Other girls might be uncomfortable with anything wilder than games like a scavenger hunt and truth or dare. If that's the case, chick flicks and chocolate?

I was apostate - we went out to a male "host" club because some of the girls couldn't afford the strip club. Alcohol and a great time were had by all.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 01:51PM

Have the stripper cop lick the cupcakes.....reeeeeaaaalllllyyyyy slooooowly.

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 03:11AM

A temple marriage ceremony has no best man or maid of honor. They are chosen only for pictures in keeping with tradition.

And you're gonna have to keep the party really nerdy. Otherwise the Mormon girls will just leave and probably ostricize your daughter.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 09:44AM

I can't even wrap my brain around what a g-rated bachelorette party might look like. That's just a bridal shower.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: August 20, 2016 08:38PM

hmm...a recently returned RM in full Sunday dress takes off his jacket, flexes his biceps, gives the bride a wink, then runs off.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 09:50AM

A temple bachelorette party. Now that's funny.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 09:53AM

Not sure if you saw the HBO premiere of "The Leftovers" but there was a scene with a very adult version of "spin the bottle" Iphone app.

Kids these days have much better parties than I remember at that age.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 09:53AM

Think games for children and you'll be right on track with what they expect.
Seriously, a scavenger hunt would be adored. Pin the tail on something, charades, think singles ward...

Boooooooring! Mormons are so... ugh.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: August 20, 2016 08:49PM

Pin the what? on the what?????

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 01:42PM

:)

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 09:57AM

OP, I like your cop stripper idea, but even better if it were a guy dressed up as Moroni. Instead of knocking on the door, he could, um, blow a blast on his golden trumpet first.

Once he's inside, he could start with "Sisters, I have a revelation from on high for you, which Imma gonna reveal....NOW" (cue raunchy version of "Praise to the Man" someone with way too much time on their hands did a disco style remix of)

Well, it's a fun idea but back to reality...

Sorry that you'll have to keep everything to roughly a 3rd grade level to avoid offending and scarring for life the children who will be attending :-/

Date: July 01, 2014 10:00AM

Wouldn't a missionary stripper be appropriate?

Also...at a mormony bachelorette party..would calling each other "sister" kind of give a polygamous feel?

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 10:14AM

The Mormon daughter of one of my friends held her party at Disneyland.

While a HUGE fan of Disney that just struck me as beyond odd.

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 10:40AM

You need fun games like "Pin the Penishood on the RM". Hilarous to see if people know where it goes. (Use black censored bar for Temple Standards)

and have fun, useful gifts like cookbooks and cleaning supplies. She will need them.

RMM

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 11:00AM

A Temple Bachelorette Party

Molly: This is super fun, huh?

Fanny: (Bows head and say's) Yes.

Molly: Did you bring a gift?

Fanny: (bows head and say's) Yes.

Molly: Will you give it to her?

Fanny: I will through the veil.

Enter the Cop Stripper...............

Molly: Is that a flaming sword?

Fanny: I think its a rod.

Molly: Then lets hold tight to it!

Zina: What are you two doing?

Molly and Fanny: Only that which has been done at other Bachelorette parties.

Zina: Go down and teach the gospel to the man with the rod of iron that all here may grasp its firmness.

Molly and Fanny: We will go down!!!

Molly, whispering to Fanny: Zina's breath is stale.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 11:07AM

Well, that's certainly one way female members can hold the priesthood.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 12:20PM

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 01:44PM

Terrific!

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 11:22AM

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Hi, I'm brother Joseph. An angel with a flaming sword told me I would find you here. He'll slay me if I don't strip for you..." [looking around the room, and pointing] "...and you...and you...and you..."

Posted by: Nolongerin not logged in ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 11:31AM

Have a GA pop out of a giant cake and call it a night.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 11:44AM

As a TBM I went to some Mormon bachelorette parties. There was no alcohol and special cake it was PG 13. We had good food and gave the bachelorette some gifts one non Mormon gave her glow in the dark handcuffs and all us TBMs didn't know how to respond to that lol. We played games basically it was more of a bridal shower but we did play the lip stick game (putting on lipstick on your lips while the lipstick is between your boobs) which made over half the women there very uncomfortable.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 12:18PM

It sounds dull, but really if she's planning a bachelorette party for a TBM she shouldn't hire strippers or anything. A TBM woman would probably hate that, not to mention I assume a lot of the other people there will be TBMs too. Not a good idea.

Maybe in a few decades when that woman realizes the church isn't true she can relive what she missed out on and they can do a raunchy party, but for now I don't think it's worth it. It would ruin her special day.

Posted by: twistedsister ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 01:02PM

I agree.

As much as we disagree with Mormonism, in the end it should be about what the bride wants, not what you want.

I thank god we're done with all of that bull shittery. My daughters will get to have beautiful weddings however they want them, and invite anybody and everybody they want.

Date: July 01, 2014 12:24PM

Might be a good time for sexual education...the real nuts and bolts of what happens sexually.

Hopefully someone will bring a fleshlight for demonstration purposes.

I am sure the required priesthood holder present will take said fleshlight home for proper disposal.

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 12:26PM

This isn't going to be a bachelorette party it will be a bridal shower. If there is already a bridal party planned than it is simply a girls night out.
If it is a girls night out I suggest a make your own sundae station/frozen yogurt bar/rootbeer float thing. Play that stupid game where everyone writes down a recipe for marriage (a sprinkle of love, a dash of priesthood, two cups of sugar, a tsp a spice). Maybe watch a movie like "singles ward.
I hated these parties. My TBM friend had a bridal shower and a bachelorette party and I asked her what was the difference of the two if you were going to keep it "temple worthy." She said that the bridal shower had her mom and aunts there and the bachelorette party was only for the younger women. It actually seemed very gift grabby to me because many of us were invited to both. It is an attempt for the bride to feel like mainstream but instead it just showed the nevermos how different she really was.

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 12:34PM

Rent the classic 'Johnny Lingo'. Every girl wants to be an eight-cow wife you know.

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 12:37PM

You could also do a craft project and all the girls could use fabric paint to make a t-shirt saying how many cows they are worth. All mormons like craft projects.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 01:06PM

My DD gave a party for her cousin that combined both the bridal shower and the bachelorette party. Hear me out, it actually worked.

The shower started in the late afternoon on a Saturday and included both relatives and friends. It was a pretty standard bridal shower. When the bridal shower part ended the bride's mother hosted a small dinner. After that the younger set took the bride out for drinks and dancing. The older set either went home or stayed to visit some more with the family.

Posted by: Guest ( )
Date: July 01, 2014 02:27PM

I recently got married in the temple and a friend of my wife threw her a lingerie party. We're in our thirties and she had only recently moved to my city so many of her friends were from the mid-singles ward. About half of the mormon women did get her lingerie as a gift but many felt too awkward. I thought it was a pretty good way to go about it. The mormons who attended knew what to expect and keeping it to lingerie made it perhaps more tasteful than many bachelorette parties.

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 05:42PM

The most "normal" LDS shower I went to involved a wonderful Bride that was a model. Beautiful woman with a beautiful figure. She came from a wonderful family and was marrying into a wonderful family.

She received many wonderful pieces of lingerie. Some were just beautiful nighties, babydoll sets, etc. Someone gave her a peignoir set straight out of the 40's. There was so much fluff to it I wondered if it was to help or hinder passion. :)

She got a few racier sets with garter belts and sexy sheer fabrics. At this point a lady in attendance was so "embarrassed" for the bride commented how awkward she felt. Later in the kitchen I overheard a family member whisper to the outspoken prude. "You do know that she is going to be married and have sex, right? We are in a group of women all over the age of 18 and most of us still remember what sex is. It should be fun. Wish her well".

I was in awe of that woman and wished she were MY MOM!

RMM

Posted by: kjjj ( )
Date: August 20, 2016 06:17PM

So, I'm Mormon, and had a banging bacehlorette party. We had a "pin the tie on the groom" poster, but that was the most "appropriate" thing we had. I got lots of raunchy gifts, we played a few dirty games, and we all had a really good time talking about sex, even though the vast majority of us were all LDS, single/engaged girls. It doesn't have to be childish; being LDS does not mean boring. My favorite game was whenever I opened a present, someone wrote down exactly what I said, then read it back after all the gifts were opened, with the preface, "what the bride will say on her wedding night." It was hilarious.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 20, 2016 07:04PM

That does sound like fun! I went out to dinner once (in Utah) with a bunch of female friends. After, we opened fortune cookies and read them out loud, with the addition -- "in bed with [celebrity crush of your choice.)" Women know how to have fun if you're not stuffy about it.

Posted by: runrunrun ( )
Date: August 20, 2016 08:29PM

mormon temple weddings are a sham to the unworthy (and your daughter is unworthy in the eyes of the church). She is just there to make the whole look legit. IMO, your daughter should refuse her role to participate in this mockery of a marriage show...

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 01:37PM

LOL. A blast from the past...OP here.

One very funny thing that did happen was a "panty" box. Each young woman brought a cute pair of panties and put them in a box, a collective gift so to speak. Knowing this was planned, and since it was in my house and I had access, I surreptitiously planted a pair of 2XL men's briefs in the bottom of the box. Did I mention they were used?

It was great. The bride-to-be was pulling all these cute undies out of the box, and all the girls were giggling and such (mostly 18 yo Mormons), and then she pulled out the whitey tighties. The look on her face was priceless. My daughter caught my eye and smiled.

Yes, I am evil. We still laugh about it today. And what a coincidence, we just talked to that young bride (who owns a floral business now) a couple of days ago about doing the flowers for my own daughter's wedding!

Posted by: June ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 02:54PM

Just think of it as a bridal shower with just friends (no older relatives, non of the grooms family you don't like). Your mind can handle it much better.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 03:13PM

Make sure that you bake some cookies and have red punch available, these are a MUST for any Mormon get together.

Order some pizza. Rent the remake of the movie, Father of the Bride.

And let the friends enjoy each other's company.

I'm saying this because if you ask about what the bride may go though tomorrow here on RfM, you will learn that this young woman may be going through hell the day during her "perfect" temple wedding.

Posted by: Idahobanananotloggedin ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 11:20PM

IDK what the budget is, but If you're trying to keep within Mormon standards, you could schedule a spa day for them. Manis, pedis, and facials. Then dinner at a semi- swanky place, followed by a late night watching movies and eating junk food. It's something my TBM daughter would love.

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 12:55PM

The ones I know of just rented a comedy, marriage movie like "I married an axe murderer".

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 04:30PM

Maybe you could hire a sex therapist to give a lesson on what goes where when people have sex. There seems to be a lot of mormon girls that don't have a clue. The therapist should hand out their business card at the end. Lots of the girls are going to need those services down the road.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2016 04:31PM by madalice.

Posted by: AngelBaloni ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 05:58PM

How about a combination bachelorette party and baby shower because the Corporation will expect her to get knocked up as quickly as possible so as to begin to provide a string of potential future suckers to give 10% to keep the scam going.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.