Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 01:07PM

I thought about you guys listening to the news this morning. You OK?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 01:19PM

Hi, thanks for asking

matt and briggy checked in earlier on this thread http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,266172

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 01:55PM

He's in Leicester getting his masters degree, and he and his wife just had their first baby last week.

UK RFMers, has the rioting spread to the Leicester area?

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 02:13PM

Leicester is not reported as being affected. It's a relatively small city and this is affecting the major urban centres.... London, Liverpool, Birmingham, Nottingham, leeds and Bristol..... also (apart from London) It is confined to the city centres

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 03:36PM

I guess some rioting actually began in Leicester last night, but it's contained to downtown Leicester. My brother and his family are in the suburbs so for the time being they are out of harms way. Whew.

By the way Essex, thank you for updating me!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2011 03:36PM by GayLayAleJesus.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 03:37PM

Sounds like y'all are doin' good, thank the stars. Glad to hear it.

What about Sherwood Forest? Are Robin and Marian doing good?

Just wonderin'...

Ron

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 03:38PM

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 03:45PM

She is an IT type Manager for a major bank and is due at Canary Wharf for a meeting on Thursday. She tells me tonight that the meeting may happen by video instead. She's based at a large complex in the Cheshire countryside so on a day-to-day basis things will be quiet.

My sister on the other hand has to visit the cancer unit in Manchester tomorrow for radiotherapy but the unit is outside the centre so they should be okay.

As for me, I'm staying in the boonies.

All quiet on the Western front so far but we're getting a bit antsy just the same.

Briggy

Posted by: kim ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 04:54PM

I wouldn't worry too much - as I posted on the other thread my mum had to go to kings hospital in Denmark Hill yesterday to see my sister and she got caught up in it all travalling back through Peckham. Her bus got stopped and the driver got out and ran for it, so they all had to get out and walk, and she said it was a bit scarey, and lots of kids (all colours) in balaclavas were breaking stuff and stealing stuff, but some lovely people took her down some back streets to a tube station that was open and she got to Waterloo and home just fine. Dad was a bit worried because her phone ran out of battery right after she'd phoned to say it looked like there was a bit of trouble ahead! But all fine now.
I need to go up tomorrow to see my sister, so I'm not taking my children as I'd planned but I'm not really worried.

Posted by: Laban's Head forgot her password ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 04:58PM

Posted by: kmackie ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 04:58PM

Have a friend with a baby in Birmingham Childrens Hospital,they have had to lock down the hospital,she went out yesterday and witnessed looting at o2 and harveys,she was so shocked,her parents down for a visit from scotland and their car has been damaged.

Posted by: Yorkie ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 05:01PM

It's been happening near us in Manchester tonight.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.