Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: September 06, 2011 01:35AM

Anyone going to see the new biggest movie in the country, Fakes of Gold? Every time I see the commercial or hear it I think Fakes, I just can't help it, the influence of the board!!

I may go see it when it's at the dollar show, just for kicks. Go on a Sunday, buy a bunch of candy at Shopko.....

On another topic, I had to do a pedigree chart for my Race class at UVU, and I started reading "Heritage with HOnor" a family book about the Belnaps, yes, I am a Belnap. I found out that it actually said in there that JS was a poly!!!! I think this was published in 1974 or something, but if I had read it earlier I would have known that instead of finding out from the board after I left the church 8 years ago.

Go figure. Oh, there are pictures of JS in there, and one of my Belnap relatives has a lock of Jo's hair that my great-great grandma asked for as she wrapped his body in her good sheets.

So, yes, I am going to go see if my great great grandaddy is in the movie too....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 06, 2011 08:02AM

I must be in the wrong market or watching the wrong TV.

Posted by: Scott.T ( )
Date: September 06, 2011 10:29AM

I'm obviously in the wrong market (outside UT) and I didn't see it mentioned in last week's Entertainment Weekly rundown of all the new movies coming out from now to Xmas either.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 06, 2011 12:20PM

Just what does that entail ?

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: September 06, 2011 02:08PM

I haven't heard of it either. Out of curiosity, I googled it and could not find anything.
Can you tell us more or is there a link?

Susan

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 06, 2011 02:15PM

Like the way the filmmakers start with a total bullshit story and pile more bullshit on it?

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: September 06, 2011 03:41PM

Thanks for the link!

From the website:
And Church scholar Joseph Fielding McConkie stated that "for those who love the taste of truth, this movie will be a feast."

I don't want the taste of truth--I want THE Truth. I doubt I'll find it in this...film.

Susan

Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 12:27AM

Yes, this movie was supposed to be wide released, but maybe they meant in Utah!

As for the Race class, it is really "Race and Minority Relations". The professor is white and indian, maybe some latino, it's hard to keep track. He was thrilled to see that we had more than 3 students "of color" in our class. Usually he only has 3. So maybe UVU is becoming more diverse.

It is a very interesting class to say the least. I could tell some stories, but I gotta go to bed.

I'll try to see the movie on netflix. Just so i can contradict. I know, immature, but damn, I don't care!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.