Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 04:30PM

How weird is this...just now I was reading the thread about a mishie who posted something about the OW movement on his blog. Out of curiosity, I clicked on the link to the blog and skimmed the first page, only to come across this:

"M is still not really progressing.[....] I guess we did find out that her mother is one of the lead singers for the band Heart, so that was interesting, but not actually lesson-related."

Link to mishie's blog: http://eldertaylorolpin.blogspot.com

Just thought this was quite a coincidence given Tal's joking post today about Ann Wilson being a witch! Wonder if it's her kid who is investigating Mormonism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rain ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 04:40PM

Yes, that's the mishie I've been following and I noted in Tal's thread that he is talking to a daughter of a Wilson sister. I'm wondering, too, which (witch) one. I'm glad to see that she's not progressing...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 07:32PM

That would be Marie Lamoureaux Wilson. She's about 23 years old.

Posted by: ANWGuard ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 06:21AM

I have reported this ridiculous page to both Ms. Wilson's.
Her daughter has been notified about this action, and, this person will be responsible for putting such news out there.

Date: December 06, 2014 08:01AM

Thank you for doing that. Unfortunately it is not unusual for Mormon missionaries to disclose personal information like that. The Mormon church does not have a good grasp of appropriate boundaries.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 04:46PM

Progress in the church - I don't think so. One smart mom, one smart kid.

Posted by: moronistrombone ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 05:59PM

"It is now a rule that we have to sing in the shower. Yep. Read it again. And if we don't, our companion is obligated to knock on the door to remind us. And if we still don't, he has to report it to President Choi in his email."

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 06:19PM

Get the eff outta here! That is just crazy. You can't make this stuff up.

Date: July 09, 2014 06:49PM

But no, it's not a cult. Riiiight.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 06:52PM

Spawning a new generation of men able to sing and whack off at the same time

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 06:55PM

Like you can't stroke one off while singing in the shower? Lol Stupid Cult!!!

Posted by: Out in England ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 07:12PM

moronistrombone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "It is now a rule that we have to sing in the
> shower. Yep. Read it again. And if we don't, our
> companion is obligated to knock on the door to
> remind us. And if we still don't, he has to report
> it to President Choi in his email."

------------------

Hold to the rod?

Posted by: heypal ( )
Date: December 06, 2014 07:58AM

The song of choice is the old Sam and Dave classic, 'Hold On, I'm Comin'.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 06:02PM

It may be that's she's investigating Mormonism because Ann Wilson has had struggles with alcoholism (which she writes about in her book). She quit drinking when it became apparent that alcohol was destroying her liver.

You certainly don't need religion to avoid alcohol, but maybe that's what the attraction is. I hope she wises up.

Date: July 09, 2014 06:50PM

Or she could just be shooting the breeze with the mishies. A friend of mine in college did that. He just liked talking and debating with them.

Date: July 09, 2014 07:57PM

That missionary blog is interesting, and rather heartbreaking. I see that he wore one pair of shoes completely out. Nothing left on the sole whatsoever. Poor kid!

Here are some excerpts --

"What is the official definition of 'soliciting' according to Washington State law or on a federal level? I'm tired of being accused of soliciting. I want to be able to quote the actual definition."

He is obviously being warned off of soliciting in certain communities and homes.

Regarding investigator "M" --

"She is continuing to meet with us, but we are at a bit of a standstill. She needs a testimony of Christ as the Savior, and we can't just give that to her."

Mormon missionaries can't testify that Christ is the savior? Why on Earth not?

"I mentioned T last week (the investigator we had a lesson with that day). We went to that lesson and did everything we were supposed to. She was somewhat reluctant to accept a baptisimal date, but we did what we were supposed to, were bold, and got her to commit to a date. Then we woke up the next day to a text from her that said that she didn't want to meet with us anymore because she would not be pressured into such a big decision."

That's right, a lot of people just don't like being manipulated.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 06:25AM

Barracuda...

Posted by: snowednomore ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 11:19AM

His November 13 post makes mention of his father having doubts. Always good news.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: December 06, 2014 08:26AM

From July 16, 2014:

"My only question would be if you could send me some info about Oliver Cowdery. I've been wondering about his whole story. I only know bits about it, and some of the gaps make me wonder. Why did he leave the Church? When exactly did that happen? What was he doing in that time? That sort of thing. I wish I had a copy of the "Who's Who in the Doctrine and Covenants" book. I've been wondering about some of the names I've come across as I've read it."

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: December 06, 2014 04:23AM

The memories! How painful to be reminded how missionaries learn to reveal confidential private information that investigators share or that they witness only because of the trust relationship between them. And how this lack of privacy pervades all service in the church. As soon as they think they're helping you, they're entitled to share private facts about your life, and entitled to judge your reactions to this charitable service they give you.

Posted by: abinadi burns nli ( )
Date: December 06, 2014 01:15PM

I am so glad I didn't write mission letters that the the whole wide word could read. Jeezus. The regrets this guy will have when he finally comes to his senses and leaves.

He will likely be on this site at some future date saying how the apartment inspection and the new "Legos are worldly" policy broke his shelf.

Poor guy.

I remember being so totally frustrated about not just having to follow the commandments, the mormon commandments, the conference talks, the little white bible, the mission conference, the zone, and the district meeting rules, but whatever odd policies were rumored to be in force as well. As a rule follower this drove me nuts. If you were following one rule you were breaking another. All while feeling guilty for giving your time, heart, body, and mind to the cause.

Effing cult.

I think it would be great to add the line "No soliciting" at the bottom of the WA state flag. And perhaps a sub-subline "Yes mormon missionaries, we mean YOU."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.