Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 10:01PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 10:05PM

That was powerful. When I read bios like that I realize how lucky I am that my husband and children left with me. My heart aches that a church that says it's all about families continues to destroy families with their lies and deceit.

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 10:08PM

Very sad. I'm not sure I would have had the courage to leave at that cost. I applaud his integrity though.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 10:08PM

That cuts so close to the bone it HURTS...

(Thanks, Susan, for the head's up.)

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 10:16PM

That is heartbreaking. It took a lot of courage for him to leave. I wish him well.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 10:17PM

Really hard to read. Heartbreaking. Chalk up another win for the FAMILY FRIENDLY Mormon Church.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )

...wow. That's all one could say given the narrative.

Posted by: sassypants ( )

Thanks Susan. It is a heartbreaking story. And is another example of cultish behaviour. Religious differences shouldn't break a family apart. And, it proves that TSCC does not encourage Christ-like behaviour.

My good thoughts and best wishes go out to the OP. (Hugs)

Posted by: Feelinglight ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 10:20PM

Very touching and painful post.....How sad that this man was abandoned by his family....

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 10:22PM

to come this way. I hope he sees it and I hope he does. He could use some support. I don't think what his wife did is even legal.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 10:33PM

XtremeWayz,

Sending the best of positive and "we are here for you, you are not alone" reinforcement.

Hate the cult and the destruction it causes to families

Posted by: Tiny Tears ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 10:43PM

"There are not enough adjectives to adequately describe the pain and sorrow of having your family turn against you in every way."

Nor should there be.

Family.
Isn't it about..... turning against each other?
(Brought to you by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2014 10:45PM by Tiny Tears.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 11:08PM

Powerful story. G-ddamned cult.

Posted by: pathfinder8 ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 11:22PM

Gods true church, my ass.

That is one of the most painful things I've ever read.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: July 09, 2014 11:58PM

as I was reading this his description of the pain he is going through is terrible. Just because he chose to see the LDS as a bunch of lies, his wife want nothing to do with him and also his children. They treat him so badly, I wish I could tell his family to be nice to him.

To his family, please, please like your father again. What goes around comes around. Your bad karma will catch up with you.

Look at the problems the LDS church is going through, because of all of the bad karma they spread around. It's catching up with the church.

To his family, please look at what your are doing before it is too late!!

Posted by: Happier ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 12:00AM

Wow, that as something. It's really sad when family members cutt you off. Been there.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 12:44AM

What in the hell is wrong with families and leaders that support this kind of family destruction?

I feel so bad for this person. At first I thought it might be one of my relatives. As the story moved on, I knew it wasn't. If it had been, I would have been there in a heart beat.

There's no religion that can justify this kind of destruction.

Posted by: kimnotnaomi ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 01:34PM

^^ THIS! ^^ How the leaders of TSCC can sit in silence while these types of stories are repeated over and over and over again is just way beyond my comprehension. Yes - There is NO justification for how Mormonism destroys families.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 01:09AM

No family-friendly church would prompt people to treat their own flesh and blood in this manner. It is insane. To XtremeWayz, I am sorry for your pain and wish you increasing peace as you move forward with your life.

Posted by: london ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 02:13PM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No family-friendly church would prompt people to
> treat their own flesh and blood in this manner.

Ah...but they do and the don't. Their public face says don't, but we all know that's not how it works for the most orthodox families.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 01:11AM

Almost unbelievable--except we know . . .

I hope there is someone who can give him comfort. Years may pass, and much is lost, but families do come around.

Posted by: Mad As Hell ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 01:53AM

The entire church is based on UNINFORMED CONSENT.

If the church had been fully honest from the start, how many members would have stayed LDS, or joined?

True consent requires knowledge and full disclosure beforehand.

However, even when you go to the temple you must commit yourself before they'll even tell you what the terms of your commitment are.

How much do converts really know? How much do members know?

How many members have spent decades in the church: Sunday school, seminary, institute, missions -- and yet they are only now learning that Joseph Smith was a polygamist?

The definition of marriage is a monstrous issue for a religion to hide! Especially considering that the church and Joseph denied polygamy existed throughout his entire life! Not to mention POLYANDRY! He is married to her, who is married to him who is married to her, who is ...

None of this trash was kept secret by accident - the leaders know fully why these issue must be kept hidden - The entire religion requires UNINFORMED CONSENT!

Posted by: spicyspirit ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 02:49AM

Aaaaaaaa!! ^^^^^THIS!!!^^^^^ I am mad as hell with you!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 02:25PM

The rape of informed consent is the modus operandi of the LDS church.

Un-informed consent is the complete destruction of Free Agency ergo a “Truthful” LDS church is an impossibility.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 02:26PM

+bazillion

Posted by: anony ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 02:21AM

so heartbreaking!

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 09:25AM

Once again, a demonstration of the true values of LD$ Inc. This one really hurts. What an evil, abusive organization.

Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 09:46AM

Dear XtremeWayz,
If you read this please do not put a bullet through your head. You have support here. It's shameful how your family acted. As hard as it is right now there is a much happier life waiting for you right here on Earth. Honest love and a freedom you've never known in that cult are waiting for you. How can we help?

Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 12:53PM

So sad. And sadly, not unusual or unbelievable.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 12:56PM

I'm sorry that he lost his family, but any spouse that kicks you out for your religious belief is married to your church, not to you.

Posted by: AIT ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 01:20PM

He has rights... It's his home also, despite what his family thinks. I think he should stand up for himself and take what they did to a judge.

Posted by: kimnotnaomi ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 01:30PM

Thanks Susan for pointing us to this bio. It broke my heart to hear how his family turned his back on him - so much for unconditional love. I wish him well on this hard journey out of Mormonism and all that that entails. What a strong, courageous man!

Posted by: london ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 02:09PM

It's criminal.

Posted by: Utah County Mom ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 02:37PM

That's heart-rending. Stories like this confirm my personal theory--as ex-mormons we can and do thrive after leaving the church. Even when things like this happen--HOWEVER--I think if I ever marry or partner again in this life, it will have to be with a fellow ex-mo, as we can understand and lend support to each other.

I feel I may always be damaged in some way.

I feel like swearing.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 02:47PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 03:53PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.