Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 04:11PM

I was just reading that article about the anti-mormon cd left on that kolobian's doorstep in Snowflake and, as usual, my eyes were unable to avoid reading the comments section.

I just couldn't help but realize that no matter where I go online the comments are almost always uninformed, illogical, and just plain stupid. There might be a lone voice of reason but they get drowned out as quickly as they can click "submit."

Then I come here to RfM and the dialogue is witty, insightful, and honest. People argue the same points from different perspectives and a lot of really useful information is generated.

But what should I expect? Of course you guys are clever and insightful. You left the church, didn't you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 04:22PM

I used to say, "It could be worse. You could still be Mormon."

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 04:38PM

As to the forum, I am just another one of thousands who are thankful to have discovered RfM!

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 05:55PM

me to.

Posted by: nlocnil ( )
Date: October 28, 2011 06:10PM

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 06:54PM

Dear All Knowing, All Powerful, All Seeing, All Hearing, All Smelling Mighty Invisible Ancient Hebrew Space God, (aka Heavenly Father):

We thank Thee for the Restoration of the True Gospel, by Your Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr., through which Thou hast so mercifully provided us with such technological innovations as planes, trains and automobiles, but more especially the Web Wide World.

And we thank Thee also, Thou Jealous Lord of Wrath, for the valiance in the preexistence of the Administrators of this Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum that allowed them to so blessed to be born white in America, Your Promised Land, where they had the Freedom to do… errrrr……, um…., to do whatever it is the heck they do to make this Forum possible.

And in the Holy Name of the MormonJesus, we give thanks for and pray Thy blessings upon the apostates, heretics, free-thinkers, blasphemers, scoffers, cynics, mockers, and skeptics of this Forum.

In the name of Spaghetti and Sauce.

Amen

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 07:01PM

yeah me too.

i like the diversity of opinions. we can talk about anything:
from UFOs to tasty tortilla soup recipes.

we may agree on some issues, we may disagree on others. it's all good. people here are tolerant of each other.

we couldn't do that in the cult. here we can expand and be ourselves.

i love this forum.

...and i'm an exmormon.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 07:11PM

The best testimony meetings are here. And you don't have to wait 30 days before you say it again! Just random when you feel like it. So glad there is a place to go ask questions, express gratitude, vent, play psychologist, get another point of view, learn about new books,and work out your exit, or whatever it is you need to work out. Even if its what to make for dinner.

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 07:35PM

So am I. A lifeline, it is.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 28, 2011 04:32PM

Yes, everyone here is "Allowed" to speak freely and there is no one to haul them in for disciplinary action. I can imagine that reading this forum the first time after leaving is quite enlightening, comical and freeing all at once. It is great for exmos and nevermos alike. We nevermos love the straightforward talk on this site.

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: October 28, 2011 04:44PM

I spend too much time here, but its time well spent.

I learned I'm not the only one who thinks the way I do. And I continue to learn from all of you.

As far as the disciplinary action, well I don't know. I've been scolded a couple of times for not agreeing with another poster. At least here, I can choose not to participate next time he or she shows up!

Too much fun!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: October 28, 2011 04:50PM

NOW SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, AND DRINK YOUR TINY CUP OF WATER AND EAT YOUR TINY PIECE OF CRUSTY BREAD!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2011 04:57PM by Raptor Jesus.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 28, 2011 05:01PM

Well that is true. But it isn't a Mormon scolding you.... and if it is they should lurk and shut up.

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: October 28, 2011 04:54PM

You can discipline me any time.

Date: October 28, 2011 04:57PM

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 28, 2011 05:14PM

There are really only two people that smack people around here. And most of the time Eric makes ME do it! But don't tell SD, he gets all worked up when I talk about getting my naughty stick out :P

Date: October 28, 2011 05:36PM

Posted by: exed-man ( )
Date: October 28, 2011 05:06PM

I'm thankful for this place too. It's my only contact with the outside world right now. I mostly read and my posts are mostly angry and incoherent. But it really helps me de-stress.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: October 28, 2011 05:40PM

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 02:21AM

i know you already know it,but you are so funny helamonster.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 02:47AM

I got honest answers to my questions!

I was surprised that people responded in the same day, and that they were sympathetic and genuine, instead of judgmental and evasive.

Some of your stories make me cry, and some make me laugh. There's a real connection, here.

I love that saying, "Things could be worse--you could still be Mormon!" I'll remember that when I rant about the shunning and child-stalking and brainwashing. The worst day out of the church is better than the best day in the church.

Posted by: untarded ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 02:50AM

I'm not sure exactly why I come to these forums. I recently resigned, but I've been out for a long time.

I kinda rebelled from the morg when I realized they were trying to stuff my intellect into their lds mold.

I've never been a conformist, in or out of LDSinc.

JFK said "Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."
John F. Kennedy

That is how I live my life.

All said, I love this place, even when it gets nasty.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 06:39AM

An ironic twist is this: You are all a bunch of Mormons who no longer believe its true but nevertheless you have been raised as such. Makes me think the Mormons at church are gems, too, but haven't figured their way out like you have. I was a convert and not nearly as brilliant. I don't share the culture many of you share. I appreciate what I have found and learned here.

Posted by: wirehead ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 06:15AM

because it is helping me with my exit and confirming that it is the right and best decision for me to make to get out.

Also am glad that I didn't rent the downstairs portion of the house to some pointy-headed BYU student, that woulda made my life and my wife's a miserable existence.

My decision to exit affects my wife, but I think she is finding a hidden blessing: more time to spend with me, because we rarely get to spend the time together these days.

Once my car's fixed (it needs a new idle air control valve and remanufactured engine computer) I'm taking her on road trips for the weekend.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.