Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rose2008 ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 08:09AM

Two nights ago the mishies and another ward white shirt stopped by just when my DH was trying to get our baby down for the night.

Some back story: I officially left (resignation letter) the TSSC in June 2010. My DH stopped attending in the fall of 2010. He seems to be in the anger faze of leaving the Morg at this point. He has continued to wear the Jesus jammies though. I think more out of habit than anything else.

Anyway I shooed the three away that night. I wasn't unkind to them. I did feel sorry for them especially the wide eyed little boy mishies. I later told my DH that they had come. He was irritated because a few days before the EQ pres. contacted him and asked if they could come for a visit. DH said, "no." I noticed that his list of things to do this weekend include buying regular underwear. I can't help but think that this experience pushed him to this new step. So I'm kind of glad they stopped by.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 08:25AM

The go to private property and bother people who have told them no. Then they go back and complain if they're not invited in and given full consideration and kindness.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 09:31AM

You are entitled to peaceably resign from a church by court decision. See the following:

http://www.mormonnomore.com/legal-precedent

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1127964

First, document every church visit. Write down a log of the date, the time, and who visited you. I would send a strongly worded letter to your local bishop and stake president stating that you have resigned from the Mormon church as of (date,) and that according to prior court decisions you have a right to do so without further harassment. You might want to include a copy of the final letter that you received from church headquarters. Tell him that you want no more church visits, and that as *former* members you have a right to be left in peace.

Send a copy of your letter to the Membership Records department in Salt Lake City. Tell them that you resigned as of (date,) but that you are still being formally visited by church members and authorities. Tell them that you want the harassment to stop. Follow up with a phone call later on.

Member Records Division, LDS Church
50 E North Temple Rm 1372
SLC UT 84150-5310

801-240-2053 - Phone
801-240-1565 - Fax
1-800-453-3860 ext 22053 - Toll Free

If these steps don't work then I would advise you to contact a lawyer and your local police department.

Good luck to you and let us know how things proceed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2014 09:32AM by summer.

Posted by: Rose2008 ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 11:09AM

Thanks for the resources, Summer. Unfortunately my DH is still a member, just inactive. I think they came to contact him, not me.

By the way, he did go out today and buy some real underwear - yeah! Goodbye to the Jesus jammies.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 01:57PM

Pretty soon they won't stop by at all. Usually toward the end a white shirt shows up with the mishies and then after being chased off, they opt to resign from the torture they must surely face should they return.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.