Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: July 14, 2014 09:36PM

about when I'm going to get it back. Last week my father and myself sent in some paperwork for disability attorney in Boise to help with this mess. They were something to do about my records.Hopefully I'm have it back in a few months? September or October maybe??But we haven't heard from Social Security at all this summer.At least during the last two months. I gave up waiting for the letter from Social Security a few weeks ago.

I'll probably get my Social Security back before I get a job!! Unless Perkins hires me or someone else as I'm applying for jobs with my job coach but nobody's calling or hiring! Could it be that I'm in my 40's, have disabilities etc..?

I hate being broke, destitute and depressed. My unemployment makes me a pauper!!
Things have to got turn around someday right!??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: topped ( )
Date: July 15, 2014 12:13AM

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 15, 2014 12:37AM

Is your father your fiduciary?

They should have your medical records - that's what they used to make a determination to grant you benefits.

Was your mother (I'm sorry for your loss, SII) your fiduciary? Is this just a matter of switching them, or have they found you competent to handle your finances?

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: July 15, 2014 01:31AM

What's a fiduciary? The records she needs are something to with my old employer Ace Hardware and other stuff. My father filled it out but told that this will hopefully end this nightmare.

Posted by: Babylon ( )
Date: July 15, 2014 03:11AM

Don't give up hope yet! I filed my disability last June, and got my first rejection letter in February. You'll hear nothing at all between the one and the other, and then once you appeal the rejection, things will start moving. Usually one has two rejections before one actually speaks to a real person; it's their way of trying to discourage people from continuing the disability process. I've heard of it taking up to five years, though it looks like mine will probably be about a year and a half. The average seems to be two years.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: July 15, 2014 01:04PM

I agree, don't give up just yet. Social Security automatically denies everyone who applies for SSI, and even if someone gets past the appeals and manages to get that income, they're always looking for excuses to either stop payments, or reduce them significantly. They do that to try to discourage people from continuing to appeal their rejection or to just accept being cut off from the income. In my opinion, SSA would rather have to deal with retirees who have through their employers, paid into the system which I think is disgusting. Even then, you should never give up hope, and keep fighting to get that Social Security back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2014 01:04PM by adoylelb.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.