Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 08:01PM

This makes me sick. They believe their god would use these innocent children to get back at the governor of Washington because of her support of legalize same-sex marriage. That is definitely a god I want nothing to do with.

So sad!

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/09/10364954-anti-gay-westboro-baptist-church-to-protest-at-slain-powell-boys-funeral?ocid=ansmsnbc11

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 08:40PM

Sorry this posted twice. If I could figure out how to delete my post, I would.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 08:43PM

Motorcyclists have banned together and protected the funerals of others that these ridiculous church people protest.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 08:44PM

AGREE!
also, don't forget the legislature; they were included in their List.

douche-bags.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 08:54PM

Too bad Fred Phelps and company weren't in the house with Josh instead of those two poor innocent boys.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 09:47PM

Let's hope that the community finds a way to keep the Westboro whackos to the fringes.

Posted by: Bookworm ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 10:01PM

A counter demonstration is planned, I hope they are large enough in numbers to completely protect the family and friends from their disgusting display of hatred!!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 10:19PM

You have to understand how Westboro operates. Fred Philps is a lawyer, as are the majority of his congregation. He specializes in lawsuits, based on him and his group not being bared from protesting by authorities, or against those who strike out against their disgusting behavior. Their goal is to not be allowed to protest, or failing that, to get someone to sucker punch them so they can sue the individual, and then the police for failing to protect them.

Fred Philps actually started out as a civil rights activist, but after the movement dried up, he turned to the dark side. For him and the church, it is all about the money.

Posted by: Bookworm ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 11:31PM

Fred Phelps

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 11:51PM

He's a d-bag who doesn't deserve my paying enough attention to him to learn to spell his name correctly.

Posted by: dominikki@q.com ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 10:34PM

The Patriot Guard will most likely be there. The Patriot Guard is filled with truly amazing people. There was a soldier from my town that died in Afaganistan and the patriot guard completely surrounded the cemetary, sheilding the family from the WBC. The family never even knew they were there. Outside the viewing the guard reved their motorcycles every time WBC said anything. They are wonderful men and women!

Posted by: MadameRadness ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 11:39PM

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the WBC members brought up the Powell's Mormon affiliation too. They like Mormons about as much as they like gay people.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 11:47PM

We recently had a high profile funeral of a family member who was a law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty.

These guys came, at the request of the family, with the sole purpose of handling Westboro if they showed up (they did not)

http://www.patriotguard.org/

I hope more people will join them.

Posted by: Athena ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 10:08AM

I used to live in a town where the owner of the local gay bar held a pledge drive. People signed up to donate money to gay rights causes for each minute the Westboro idiots protested. This model has been copied in other cities. It was very successful.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.