Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: princessbelieve ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 09:58PM

My sister told me today that she is going to name her baby Kimball if it's a boy, I seriously doubt she could tell anything signifact about the man, or even knows any of his life story, she purely likes the idea else about him. This irks me to the core... Heaven forbid the boy learns the truth about the church later in life and be stuck with a name like Kimball! I will I dated a Nephi for a while in High school, he hated it... was always getting crap for it... I guess I will just have to come up with a nickname for little Kimball! Crossing my fingers she has a girl! lol :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 14, 2012 09:58PM

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 10:01PM

Call him Kim; it's a good boys' name. One of my friends, her son is named Kim, as well as an actor I admire.

Date: February 14, 2012 10:06PM

I like Kim, cute boy's name, I think I can do that :)

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 10:07PM

Or, you could nickname him Ballsy ... if you really wanted to piss her off, I mean.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 10:09PM

call his Ball. If he has big ones he will take the crutch and ditch it.

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 10:09PM

And 'Kimball' is very feminine sounding. I think it sounds much more like a girl name. Perhaps you could suggest that she use that name for a girl?

You should tell your sister what you think of this name ahead of time. I had some names planned for my kids and changed my mind after family and friends gave their opinions. The niece/nephew will probably thank you someday for it.

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 11:03PM

Many female names started out as male names though - Blair, Dana, Leslie, Dorian, etc. With Kim, it was the surname Kimberley first.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 11:08PM

Verrry popular Mormon name in the 70s.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 11:08PM

My stepson just named his baby a horrible name. My husband refers to the baby as Chip, as in chip off the ole block. The baby looks just like my husband did as a baby.

Posted by: RationalGuy ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 11:11PM

I worked in Safford, AZ for a little while a couple of years ago. That's where SWK worked and raised his family. Interestlngly, a lot of people were not complimentary of him. A lot of his time there was spent as a pesky bill collector and repo man.

Posted by: Tngal1 ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 11:17PM

It is embarassing... Lehi, Nephi, Ammon, Moroni, and Alma. She does have a new baby, the only girl, who is named Sophie. lol It is totally weird.

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 11:33PM

Better than Brigham. Better than Cyiszanddryiia - pronounced "Cassandra." A boy named "Kim" would be "awesome." Builds character. Outside of Moville, Kimball doesn't draw the same connection that Brigrham does...Joseph Smith killed using Joseph as a baby name choice for me, and when all your relative have a million babies and take up all the other good names, it really p*ssed me off. :)

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 11:57PM

Kimball is better known as a piano manufacturer / brand than anything to do with MORmONISM.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 12:23AM

my TBM BIL named all his kids after GAs. Gag.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 12:31AM

at least the baby will look exactly like his namesake for a few months at least!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 12:32AM

me & ex DW named our First "Lee" after Harold B.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 12:35AM

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 11:15AM

I'd never give my son that first name.

Posted by: Captive Jack ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 01:56PM

My TBM SIL & BIL named their newborn Thomas. Can you guess where they got the inspiration for that one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 01:57PM by Captive Jack.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 02:08PM

Our oldest is named Tom also, NOT after monson. We couldn't think of a name we both liked until we looked at our packing boxes from the move to our first home. One box had Thomas Allen written on it. Alan is Dh's middle name and we thot it had a good ring to it. Not too common but not too odd either.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.