Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 22, 2014 03:45PM

So we decided to move and guess what, the elders quorum is not at my house going through all our stuff. I pay some guys to show up and they do the work. It is a whole lot cheaper than paying tithing so I can get and give free labor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 22, 2014 04:16PM

I like moving without the Mormons.
I prefer doing most everything without them.

Happy moving and all that goes with it!

M@t

Posted by: Caseynli ( )
Date: July 22, 2014 04:51PM

moremany Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Happy moving and all that goes with it!

Yup!!!

:)

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 22, 2014 06:56PM

Great idea! You're smart and have your priorities in the right place!

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 22, 2014 07:02PM

It is official - my wife likes to buy furniture. Last weekend I rented a 20 foot truck to take some stuff to the new place. We just filled up a 26 foot truck and I need to go rent another truck. So it is a lot cheaper to hire people to load and unload the trucks instead of paying tithing so I can get free moving help but I think I need to go to church and pay tithing so there is no money left for furniture shopping. With tithing I get a tax deduction and I get to wear fire proof underwear. Assuming Jesus comes a when I have them on. With furniture I have a happy wife and more sex than the dude that kept track on a spreadsheet. That was for a whole year and not one month right? Ha.

So with no Elders Quorum helping out, the Mormons do not have my new address yet. So the dude that bought my house will get the missionaries asking for brother themaster BIL. I bet that will be a funny door stop. The missionaries always ask for my BIL because he had his mail sent here while he was in truck driving school.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2014 07:22PM by themaster.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 01:46PM

In process of moving to Greeley, CO and paid movers for full service. Worth the $

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 01:50PM

It makes no sense to me. I think people who move need to accept the responsibility.

The same goes for people who need their houses cleaned or dinners cooked. Those aren't jobs for churches.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 09:15PM by Cheryl.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 01:50PM

You have a lot of interesting posts so I was just wondering about it.

When my single mother very inactive Mormon sister moved, my mother got the elder's quorum of her new ward to move her. It doesn't just cost tithing when they move you. Then they don't leave you alone. Her son was never baptized and the RS presidency, VT, elder's quorum, and the missionaries zeroed in on her and her son. They set up a baptism date after a few meetings. He was about 10 years old. She didn't know how to handle it and I said, "JUST SAY NO." Even my mother wasn't expecting that. (My mother had actually told my sister that if she really wanted to go to church--my sister had said something about it--my mother said to go to something other than Mormonism. And, yes, my mother was Mormon.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 01:51PM by cl2.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 07:06PM

My last move I got non-member friends even though I was still in. It was a much more delightful thing not having to worry about nosey people checking out your stuff. Not only that, all I needed to provide in the end was a 12 pack of beer and some fast food.

Posted by: doubtnot ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 07:19PM

I was one of the guys who always said yes when the elder's quorom called asking for help to move someone. So I was the one who always got called. I learned to dread weekends. Get a call Friday. Move someone Saturday. Wake up early Sunday to talk about home teaching and why no one did it. Go home and get fam ready for church. Sit in church for 3 hours. Go home and call people about their home teaching, or some message that the stake president had for them. Help cook Dinner. Go to my parents and listen to how terrible the world is. Don't read any fascinating books. Don't have any original ideas. Don't make any art. Don't spend time with nature. Don't exercise. Go to bed depressed. Repeat next week.

When it came time for me to move, I moved my own damn stuff.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.