Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brian-the-christ ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 12:51AM

One thing that should be COMPLETELY clear from watching Holland in the BBC exposé: The Big 15 know it's a fraud.

His comments about the facsimiles being proven to be nothing more than funerary papyri was classic FARMS: "I don't know how the Prophet Joseph got the revelation called the Book of Abraham" (my paraphrase).

I only wish these guys would always have an exmo there who could then ask, "So DOES the sun get its light from Kolob?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 01:27AM

Holland says "what got translated, got translated into the word of God. The vehicle for that.. I do not understand and don't claim to know, and know no Egyptian."

Jeffrey...it's not that complicated. Joseph Smith lied. It could not be more clear -- he made up the Book of Abraham.

Q - As a matter of historical fact was Joseph Smith convicted of being a con-man in 1826?

Holland: "I have no idea."

Jeffrey, are you lying, or do you really not know the history of the church? Because either way, you should not be sitting at that desk discussing Mormonism if you are a liar, or completely ignorant.

He suddenly seems to know about it when he says "that's an incidental matter to the character and integrity of the man."

Jeffrey, do you know ANYTHING about Joseph Smith? Character and integrity?

This is classic. Holland just affirmed that Mormons will not hesitate to lie, and are completely out of touch with REALITY.

What a fine representative of the church.

(Reposted from another thread)

Posted by: brian-the-christ ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 01:55AM

I also loved it when he confirmed that the Strengthen the Family program might be doing "other things."

His weak reply? "I'm not on that committee!"

Hahaha!

Because, if he's "not on that committee" then he doesn't know anything about it!

Liar! Liar! Garmies on fire!

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 02:02AM

only need to know stuff. Top-top-Secret. Feed each of the 15 just a small part so no one has the big picture. If you talk, we hunt you down and kill you.

Posted by: janet ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:08AM

Wow!! After finishing the last part I am even more sure Obama is going to get re-elected in Nov.

R is scary, maybe most Americans don't say anything publically about R cultish religion but many voters will vote for Obama or sit this election out.

This exposure of the 19th Century con man Joseph Smith and his hoax religion is long overdue. Frauds get found out, Mormonism does not get a pass.

The Internet and youtube continue to be the nightmare for TSCC, and its only going to get worse.

I for one am glad, these liars are getting what they deserve.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:21AM

I'm with you. I came away with a clear understanding that they know it's a house of cards built on a fraudulent foundation. And they are having an increasingly difficult time making a case for that very fraud. They know.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:32AM

I'm craving polygamist cookies...

Seriously, I haven't had a homemade chocolate chip cookie in years. Damn BBC! ;-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.