Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: funeraltaters ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 10:29PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DqNEY19y3c

WTF did I just watch??

I don't even...wow...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 10:37PM

This is quite painful to watch. I wonder if at any point any one of them became aware of how ridiculous they all sound.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 01:56AM

No doubt.

Posted by: Beth NLI ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 10:50PM

Posted by: jellohater ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 11:48PM

I'm getting a headache just watching it... Oy Vey

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 03:10AM

Posted by: SteelHollow ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 12:40PM

I can't believe I just watched this in it's entirety. Welcome to the Utah dating culture. If you aren't Mormon prepare for misery.

Date: July 24, 2014 02:31PM

hahaha. I didn't finish the whole thing. You are tougher than I am.

Posted by: acerbic ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 03:38PM

My take on it:

Mormons are shallow and unwelcoming. The guy Brian was an outsider because he was not physically attractive. One guy mentioned people in his particular clique being attractive. One of the girds said something like 'we even included Brian.' Brian may have been the nicest person there, but because he was not valiant enough in the pre-existence to be dealt the attractiveness DNA, he is an outsider.

A woman with a Doctor of Laws and an MBA is not accomplished because she is not married and hence not a mother.

The professional dancer was shallow, self-centred and narcissistic.

Date: July 24, 2014 04:56PM

Posted by: fubecona ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 07:41PM

OMG! I can't believe I just watched that whole thing. It made me have horrible flashbacks of all the awkward, insufferable church activities and dances I went to at BYU. Wow! I am so glad that I am out of the church and don't have to suffer through that kind of painful social torture.

It also reminds me of how hard it is to be Mormon when you are an introvert and a deep thinker. The guy, Bryan, who was a Latin teacher, seemed like the only really genuine person and he was totally ostracized. It just goes to show how superficial Mormonism really is. I wanted to say to him, "Get out!! You can find women who will love and appreciate you for you if you just get out of the church!!" I felt so bad for the guy.

It makes me shudder just thinking about what my life might be like if I were still TBM. So glad I'm out!

Date: July 24, 2014 08:44PM

Maybe he'll figure the fraud, in time.

Posted by: fubecona ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 08:51PM

Yeah, I thought the same thing. There was also a part where he was talking about how you can't know truth through feelings alone. He seemed like a very thoughtful and analytical thinker. I wondered if he was having doubts...

Hope he has found or will find his way out.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 09:00PM

Are these morons as plastic as they look and act? Barbie and Ken off drugs! I am ready to vomit.
Seriously, is this a joke of some kind?

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 09:30PM

Watching this reminded me of the one time I went to EFY in Provo. Brian seemed like the only person with deep thoughts there.
I am so glad that I am out of the culture and that I am raising my kids outside of the church.

Date: July 24, 2014 09:57PM

I just sucked it up and watched the whole thing in its entirety. BARF!!! You hear people talk a lot on rfm about how Mormons are emotionally stunted and some of them are in a perpetual state of childhood. I think your average nonmo has more of a clue at 17 than most of the people in that movie. I hope Brian can one day realize that he can find people who are more his speed, and he is way better off without those forever 17 Mormons who treat him like shit for not being just like them and not looking like a ken doll.

On a lighter note, can you imagine how much ol' Joe would have enjoyed a week at Duck Beach?! SCHWING!! I'm sure the angel with the flaming sword would have been all over his ass!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.