Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jonny ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 10:43PM

At least they look like it. First time I have seen them here in over a year. If it were any two other men with no kids people would freak. But it is just fine cause they got those tags on. I feel bad for them, it was over 100 today. Now they are talking to the little kids. Interesting to watch em.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 10:57PM

They are probably sitting there, thinking about how those kids aren't being put through missionary HELL, and wishing they could play carefree like the kids they are watching.

I would rather them sit there looking at the kids play, than have them knocking at my door.

Honestly, I feel for the kids TSCC is sending out. Most of them probably don't want to be out knocking on doors and pestering other people any more than we want them pestering us.

If I saw those missionaries, chances are I'd offer to buy them each an ice cream - as long as they didn't talk Morgbot propaganda to me.

Posted by: FWIW ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 11:04PM

her head that she needed to leave the cult (and get our kids out), my son and daughter both heaved a huge sigh of relief: "We don't have to go on a mission!"

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 11:36PM

Selling a product that no one is buying. Exmormons have more compassion for these folks than the SLC millionaires ever will. If only they realized that.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 11:38PM

It's good for the children to be introduced to the vagaries and follies of society. Proselyting oddballs are part of the greater social structure.

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 12:59AM

I went over to talk to them, and there was another guy there (mo family, you know with 5 kids preggers wife, dog). Yes, I know they were mo. She was wearing the required capped sleeve white shirt under a cute tank.

Needless to say these people were not happy I was there, and they left. It was also getting dark so the mishies left when I was talking to someone else.

I live in NO. Utah county, and I have not seen them for so long. I watched as they went to another corner house, looks like they live there so I will see lots of them.

My kid is almost that age. Yeah, I can't even imagine going on a mission at 18. I had popsicles they could have had. But you know that I am wearing a tank with no bra so they probably couldn't talk to me anyway......

Maybe next time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.