Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 09:29AM

I read this on a LDS babycenter board. It's an amazing display of mental gymnastics:

"Also DH said, in reference to the printing press, that we buried our own temple. When the mons came we buried it to keep sacred things sacred. Like I said before if makes perfect sense that we wouldn't want polygamy to get out."

Here is a link to the entire thread:

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a50793202/ok_heres_one_of_my_questions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 09:31AM by ragingphoenix.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 09:50AM

There's a few flaws with the argument imo.

For example, the temple ceremony is considered sacred by mormons, but it's on Youtube. Would it be acceptable for Thomas S. Monson to destroy Youtube to protect the sactity of the endowment?

Also, according to mormonism, monogamous marriage should be just as sacred as polygamous marriage? If so, then why is it okay to be open about monogamous marriage but not polygamous ones?

They don't need to defend the burning of the printing press anyway. Joseph burning down the printing press doesn't disprove the church. It would be easier for mormons to say "Joseph was wrong to burn down the printing press, but I still believe the church to be true".

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 09:54AM

That is so freaking funny. The OP states she read about Joseph Smith having other wives on Mormon sites and the responses are that she should not read it because Satan planted the information. Yes, there is a lot if evil to be found on lds.org. Better not go there. LMAO

The brain is closed come back later. Ha.

Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 11:08AM

We are now entering the era where the church's website is anti-Mormon as well...lol

Posted by: zenmaster ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 12:19PM

This whole comment is classic...a voyeuristic view into a crazy mentality...

"If this is something that does not settle with you, it is a stupor of thought. The materials you are getting information from are not from God. Satan is the master of lies. He is deceptive and very good at what he does. I know thing can be alarming or disappointing but that does not mean they are truthful and honest. Satan had a whole century to prepare for the restoration. Remember that. His planning I'm sure to lead away the children was meticulous and well thought out. If these materials are not bringing you peace, they are NOT from God.

It will probably take lots of time to come to peace again since these things have been planted in your mind. In the scriptures Jesus teaches that if your right hand offendeth you, cut it off! If your right eye offendeth you, pluck it out! These materials and places you are searching for answers are offending you! I can tell by your sorrow and your desire to find the answers and again strengthen your testimony! Your heart is good! Cut these things out of your life! Maybe instead of praying for answers, pray for the strength to not visit these materials, not visit Facebook pages that discuss these things, or BBC boards that are encouraging these conversations. It is hard. I felt myself faltering when visiting places that discuss things such as this. I had clear impressions to not read things, but they were attention grabbing. It took discipline to read a conference talk instead of a debate or discussion. But that is when I started to feel the spirit again. Asking for answers but looking in the places God has warned us about is not going to bring the promised answers of peace. The parable of master and the vineyard teaches the same thing. Which are branches in your life that are producing bad fruit in your soul? Materials such as these, or scriptures? Cut those bad limbs off. But not only that, replace them with good limbs. The good limbs will take and start producing good fruit, but it takes time and diligence.

I hope this isn't repetitive but I really feel like a key thing in you situation is distancing yourself. Have the courage to leave when you recognize what these things are doing to your spirit. You might lose some relationships along the way, encourage them do the same as you are doing, but if they choose not too, your relationship with Heavenly Father and your testimony in His gospel is more important. The answers are here, they really are just make sure you are looking in God's materials."

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 12:23PM

ragingphoenix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Also DH said, in reference to the printing
> press, that we buried our own temple. When the
> mons came we buried it to keep sacred things
> sacred. Like I said before if makes perfect sense
> that we wouldn't want polygamy to get out."
>

The last sentence is true. They didn't want people to know they were breaking the law in practicing polygamy.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 12:38PM

JS probably wanted the press destroyed because somebody was about ready to chase him down and beat him over the head with it.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 01:34PM

Lots of mental gymnastics in those responses.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 04:43PM

They aren't even good mental gymnasts. I give them a 3.

Posted by: In a hurry ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 04:58PM

I have no idea what she was trying to type instead of "mons," but the use of that word renders the sentence hilarious.

(Thank anatomy class for my knowledge of that one.)

Posted by: evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:01PM

hehe

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:24PM

Ha ha ha..."when the mons came"

Date: July 27, 2014 05:14PM

Ok everybody, gotta go get ready. The mons is returning.

Posted by: Exdrymo ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:34PM

LOL...

"The Mons" could be Monson's nickname.

Date: July 27, 2014 07:34PM

Well, $hit! My mons fell off in the floor! I knew one day that would happen!

Posted by: Ladedah ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 07:51PM

I think mons is supposed to be mobs.

Posted by: evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 09:04PM

So when is destruction of property not a criminal offense?

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 09:08PM

When it's a mormon jihad.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.