Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 26, 2012 03:16PM

I was a freshman at BYU when Spencer W. Kimball died. After Kimball's death, the BYU Daily Universe printed the pictures of the Quorum of Twelve and First Presidency together and in order of succession. They had the pictures grouped in such a way that there was a blank space in the bottom-right corner, I suppose to represent an apostle that would soon be called.

My roommate got a Publisher's Clearinghouse letter, and I noticed that the picture of Ed McMahon was a remarkable fit for that blank space. It was the right size and grayscale color, in grainy news print, and Ed was wearing a suit. So, I clipped it out and pasted it on there.

The chart hung on our door at Deseret Towers for months, and nobody even noticed. I remember once standing outside the door with a group of RM's, having a conversation about the Brethren and pointing at the chart, and still nobody noticed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lbenni ( )
Date: May 26, 2012 03:27PM

lol...that is funny...I guess any old white guy would do..

what if someone where to insert Obama's pic in there...white, white..white..etc...then Oops...

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 26, 2012 03:57PM

Conformity... conformity... conformity... oh wait -- who is this not conforming? Grrr.. it's a fly in our pure ointment. Break out the torches and pitchforks.

I don't think anyone was paying much attention, but yeah if I'd put a black man in there I'm sure I would have heard about it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.