Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 11:14AM

You've got questions, we've got answers --

1. "I live in the Salt Lake City, Utah area but am willing to leave in 1-3 years from now."

***I'm from the rocky mountain south west -- I like mountains and deserts.

2. "I am very financially secure, but not enough to quit work for at least another decade and maybe longer depending on the unknowns of the future."

*** I do professional contract work in the defence and aerospace industry so I can do for myself. I do like getting Louboutins, Alexander McQueen, and DKNY though.

3. "I really enjoy my profession and get plenty of compensation, accolades and respect in my niche."

*** I wouldn't want to to abandon your career.

4. "I was a RM, temple-married, and a very strong TBM until I accidentally came across the issues that ought to cause anyone TBM with integrity to re-examine their religion and become an exmormon, but I've learned and accepted that most TBM's will never do so."

*** I almost married a Mormon guy. I'm not religious at all and I could care less if you were an RM or not.

5. "I have a diversity of hobbies which I do pursue but none that is big and all-consuming. In fact I have no hobbies I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice for the right relationship."

*** I also have lots of interests and hobbies -- I'm very eclectic.

6. "I used to be extremely frugal but the circumstances of earning good money and spending little sure paid off over time and I have slowly and have surely become less stingy and quite responsibly generous."

*** I wouldn't expect you to support me -- occasional gifts would be nice but you wouldn't have to. See comment #2.

7. "I come from very smart genes. Both of my parents are off the chart smart people as are all my siblings. And I've done well in my profession because I'm good at using my brain in certain ways. With this I tend to be a bit nerdy but feel generally comfortable in social situations. However I don't have great fashion sense and know this and will dress myself however the woman in my life I trust will want me to do so."

*** I'm the Supreme Nerd Chick of the Universe...probably one of the few former fashion models who could say that.

8. "I'm basically undecided on having more kids. One of the most difficult compromises I made to "save the marriage" was to give up the idea of having more kids. I really wanted more but she unilaterally decided there would be no more. I could certainly afford more kids and would love the opportunity to bring kids into a real happy family and would still be in my 60's and the same age as some of my kids' fathers are now by the time they graduated from high school. Nevertheless for the right relationship I could certainly go either way on this matter."

*** Kids are optional for me. I like dogs.

9. "I'm average height/weight for men and told that I'm decent looks. My pictures could probably use some professional help but then again I think authenticity is important from the get-go."

*** I'm well over six feet tall and I'm not shy at all about wearing sky-high heels. If you aren't a control freak like Tom Cruise who won't let his wife wear heels then I don't care if you are tall or short--just if you are a nice guy or not.

10. "I was married 19 years with 2 kids right away like good Mormons not using birth control. However my heart was emotionally out the door from the beginning because we weren't compatible in many ways and 3 failed reconciliations (around a year long twice; plus a few months on the 3rd one) following 4 different marriage counselors has proven that I'd never be happy if I stayed with her. I only bring her up now because anyone looking at a single 42 year old would want to know his relationships experience during their adult life. And the kids are old enough now that my "good" excuse for doing a 4th reconciliation would finally be moot."

*** The Mormon guy I almost married also did this, his wife left him after two years and he raised the kids by himself. Things were going great until I met his TBM relatives and they made him break off the relationship. I would only care about what you thought and no one else.

11. "The qualities I most look for in a woman are the combination of: brain and usage, attractiveness to me (yes its superficial but it has to be there sufficiently), chemistry, ambition, responsibility and relationship-commitment."

*** My background is in astrophysics and astronomy and I have all sorts of interests. I would enjoy going to the symphony, the theatre, museums or other historical sites, out of the way restaurants, skiing, hiking, etc. As far as the other part goes it depends if you like really smart, sexy, and sophisticated tall long legged blondes with a permanent sun tan who wear couture outfits and designer heels.

12. "The biggest turnoffs for me are smokers, excessive piercings/tatoos (i'm ok with 1-4, but dozens nope), obesity, frigidity, TBMs, and those who put materialism and self-indulgence ahead of relationships. On that last part I'm certainly fine with women liking materialism and self-indulgence and I actually find a certain amount of this to be a turnon/plus. But I've learned that about 20-30% of women out there would not be compatible with me on this as there are some women who weigh their own love of materialism and self-indulgence so strongly that they'd be hell-bent on destroying a man's creditworthiness and reputation to get what they want right now. Fortunately most women aren't like this but the ones that are this way turn me off quickly."

*** I don't smoke, drink, do drugs, drink coffee (no, I'm not Mormon, I just don't like it) and I'm not shallow, catty, or superficial. I'm looking for someone to be with -- not to sponge off of. No tats or piercings except for ears. I do like alternative fashion (latex, lycra, PVC, leather, corsets) and I have worked as a dominatrix. It's up to you if you like that or not -- it's not necessary for you to.

13. "I recognize that I can't expect perfection in a relationship. That's not what I'm seeking. I'm after happiness. And I kick myself almost every day knowing that I gave up real happiness a couple years ago to go back into that less-happy situation I had with their mom due to the fact that my kids really needed the presence of their father which they frankly couldn't have at that time any other way. But alas I've mourned long enough what I lost there and what I hoped I could have with their mom but frankly never was possible."

*** I'm not perfect and I wouldn't expect you to be. I don't mind going out by myself but it gets old after a while. I could tell you things that you didn't know and you might know some things I don't know. It all depends on you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 11:47AM

Wow!

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 11:50AM

"anybody" outranks "some guy" in every way. LOL!

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 12:01PM

Absolutely perfect!!

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 02:21PM

If you met Some Guy, you might be inconsolable with disappointment.

Posted by: lbeni ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 02:30PM

hey anybody...what does it take to work as a dominatrix?

that sounds fun and different ie: exciting..

Is there a school?

Date: July 05, 2012 03:08PM

There are a lot of super-straight-laced Mormon and Catholic guys who are full of guilt about feeling pleasure and need punishment. The other types are Type-A super driven authoritarian men (military, cops, judges, CEO's) who develop a need for someone to control them. You sort of have to teach yourself. In my case men kept wanting me to dominate them since I am very tall and they kept bugging me about it.

If you are really interested there is a woman Nancy Ava Miller in NM who runs a group call PEP Love (People Exchanging Power) just outside of Albuquerque in Edgewood. She's a psych who runs a dominatrix service. I worked for her but went out on my own.

(*very* adult)
http://www.peplove.com/

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 06:20PM

^^hmmm....this sounds intriguing^^

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 03:13PM

How exactly are you single? I'm somehow jealous of some guy now :)

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 03:31PM

I'm picturing that model who was popular in the 90s, Nadja Auermann. She is over 6 feet tall.

http://desktopwallpaper-s.com/75-Female/-/Nadja_Auermann/

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 03:33PM

I think you'll have lost him with the dominatrix thing. He's looking for a trophy Sub. Dude would probably freak out and blow a gasket at the mere sight of a ball gag. (Because, secretly, deep down, in his darkest heart of hearts, he WANTS to be dominated. ;>)) He definitely needs a good spankin', that's clear.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 07:00PM

Oooooh - you ARE a dom! I'm impressed!

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 03:59PM

Dear anybody,

Nice. Just sayin'.

-flyboy21

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 04:40PM

Sounds like a match that should be explored. If you end up hooking up, can we all come to the wedding? We'll bring our own drinks.

Posted by: partymxman ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 07:27PM

Hi Anybody, He just posted at 5:03pm. His post is "Thanks for the comments." He said a few things about your post

Posted by: some guy ( )
Date: July 06, 2012 03:58PM

"Anybody" seems like a wonderful person. However there are 3 problems.

1. The real problem is what I said earlier that I'm not ready to reveal myself on RfM and I'd really rather not get into the details on this today.
2. I don't have her email address. If it was on here I probably would've immediately sent her a "hi" message. But due to not having her email address and especially because of #1 I shied off and frankly she ought to be careful as there are all sorts of perverts out there.
3. I don't think she's in Salt Lake. That's not a dealbreaker but one that prevents anything happening today or even in the next few weeks for details I'd rather not get into today.

Date: July 06, 2012 04:05PM

Hi...thanks for replying :)

Posted by: anon44 ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 06:27PM

Posted by: some guy ( )
Date: July 06, 2012 03:52PM

I certainly doubt that anybody is desperate. And neither am I. But alas this is an internet message board where we can all be anonymous.

Posted by: nobodyreally ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 07:20PM

...who posts regularly here. He's divorced with kids in Utah. You should find him.

Date: July 06, 2012 04:08PM

Please tell him he can contact me at ketsiolkovsky@aol.com

Posted by: StiffNekid ( )
Date: July 05, 2012 07:32PM

I'm not looking to get married, and probably not ready for serious dating. I'll be working in the 4 corners area starting next week. Don't know how long I'll last in the remote location. Do you have any pictures? btw, internet dating really sucks. Good luck.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.