Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 06:22PM

Last time I attended was about 6 1/2 years ago. My husband had just told me he didn't believe and I had asked him to go to the temple with me to spark his testimony back.

Yeah... didn't happen. =)

I didn't go back after that, even when I was struggling with my personal belief.

And my temple name was Naomi. =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2014 06:23PM by Pil-Latté.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 06:29PM

About 1961...for a dead dunking session that degraded/improved into a water fight...I was not invited to return for a repeat performance.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Jesse ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 06:31PM

December 29th, 2007.

Little sister's wedding. I was living overseas and no longer truly believing (although still attending church from time to time) but my temple recommend hadn't expired yet. I came home for the wedding and decided I would attend the temple to keep up appearances with the family (hadn't come out as an evil apostate yet, that would take several more years).

Posted by: readbooks ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 06:51PM

I was a TBM when my dd was married two years ago and I left the church about 11 months ago. So, my best guess is about 18-20 months ago.

Posted by: Anon for post ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 06:57PM

I went and did a couple sessions last Thursday, got out of it what I needed

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 07:01PM

Close to a year ago...shortly before the first new temple films came out.

Posted by: ultra ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 07:07PM

about 2 weeks ago in the Nauvoo Temple of all places. To be honest it felt kind of weird because the set up was completely different than the Seattle temple as far as where to go etc., Got completely lost, ended up in the Holy of Holies, talked with God..nah...

but I did end up finding that sword Joseph Smith carried around when he was running that Mormon Militia and he was a 'military' commander. Kind of interesting to have a sword on display in a temple.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 07:21PM

Posted by: Platypus ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 07:23PM

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 07:39PM

Once April 2000. Manti live performance

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 07:42PM

It was in 2010.

Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 07:43PM

1990, didn't want to slit my throat, gash my chest, or disembowel myself again. The later, gentler endowment didn't apply to me because after the first time it's done for the dead. So, I'm still under the slice and dice penalties.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 07:44PM

over 40 years ago

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 07:51PM

Never,,

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 08:06PM

September 15, 2001
Baptisms for the Dead

Even though I had plenty of opportunities to do baptisms for the dead as an active young single adult, I never did. It didn't intrigue me as interesting at all.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 08:09PM

Oh, I'm guessing it was about 1981, and it was my second time total, including my endowment/sealing.

ETA: Third time if you count doing baptisms for the dead as a teen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2014 08:10PM by Devoted Exmo.

Posted by: almost ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 08:14PM

6 months ago when my sons wanted to go for baptisms. I haven't gone with my wife to an endowment or other stuff in almost 3 years. I don't miss the smell of those rental clothes there.

Posted by: munchkin ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 08:16PM

February 2013. I was pretty sure the church wasn't true by this point, so wanted to go back and experience the temple from my new perspective. I always thought it was strange that we had to do so many things, but the last time it just seemed creepy.

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 08:56PM

Must be ten years, since it was for my niece's wedding. She had found out the previous evening that her beloved brother would not be there, since he was gay and had left the church. She ranted about her brother until I reminded her that it was the church and not her brother who was exclusionary.

Yup, so family oriented.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 09:28PM

I read the lies, nonsense just before they changed in '90, so about '85; I can't remember (didn't then either) enjoying a happy, pleasant experience.

My first was I.F., just before my mission ('67); the 'best' time was when sealed to wife & son, about 73 or 74, Downhill after that, For Sure.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 09:34PM

Back before McTemples dotted the Earth, I attended sessions in most of the western U.S. temples. Haven't been since the 80s. Slice and dice days.

Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 09:50PM

I still carry a never used temple recommend that was issued in 1990. I kept the recommend as a reminder that I would never enter a temple again.

I continued as a member of the Church until I resigned in 2011. I had the appearance of activity. I was the ward clerk for the last ~10 years. I had a temple recommend, but I knew I would never use it for temple worship.

I expended too much energy through out the 1990s unable to obtain a temple recommend. I tried. I really tried to have a recommend. But I could never attain one.

Because I was "endowed without a recommend," I was frequently a "bishop's project." I looked like an ideal candidate: active and paying tithing, but without a temple recommend. This should be *easy*.

I was told how "easy" it would be for me to have a temple recommend. Bishops even offered to "modify" the temple recommend questions for my benefit.

But it was futile because regardless of the requirements were for that bishop, my sins prevented me for having a temple recommend.

Eventually, I determined that the shaming tactics the Church used through temple recommends were damaging my self-esteem. I declared myself free from keeping a temple recommend! I had to be a member of the Church (to continue in my marriage), but mhy religion would not have a temple.

What a relief! No pressure. No sins. No confessions. A much, much better life.

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 10:00PM

Mid-December 2008 was the last time I stepped foot in one, for my sister-in-law's wedding. Seattle temple.

The last time I did an endowment was with my soon-to-be wife prior to our wedding.

That was, incidentally, the first and last time she did an endowment.

If I were the marketing director for the church, the temple ceremonies are the first thing I'd unload. The only people to whom they appeal are families that've been in the church a long time or super-die-hard converts.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 10:03PM

I believe the last time I was ever in a temple was for my brother's wedding which had to have been around seven years ago, but I can't remember the last time I went to an endowment session. Possibly over ten years ago...

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 10:18PM

I prefer to go to the movies at the movie theater.
Much more entertaining and I don't have to keep getting up and down and I don't have to agree to having my throat slashed.

Posted by: twistedsister ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 10:26PM

For an endowment - 6-7 years ago at least. Even as a TBM I hated going to he temple. For a sealing, about 3-4 years ago. We didn't have to dress up like clowns or go through a creepy ritual, so I didn't mind so much.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 10:32PM

As I was a convert, I didn't stay long enough to be able to go inside the temple. The slice and dice thing was gone for about a decade by the time I would have gone, but if I want to see a movie, I go to a regular theater which is still cheaper than tithing, and you don't have to promise to wear magic underwear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2014 10:33PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 10:59PM

July 1973

Posted by: freedomseeker ( )
Date: August 04, 2014 11:23PM

Dec 13'

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.