Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: August 08, 2012 09:42AM

I don't understand the mormon mindset anymore, especially that of a TBM. It seems these days that you average TBM is condensending, judgemental, defensive and self-righteous.

My FIL is a raging TBM. My immediate family, his daughter (my wife) the kids and myself all resigned from the church about 12 years ago. He just can't seem to accept this. We do not believe. As a result, he must find a reason to explain this.

I get this need he has to do this. It is all part of being in a controlling, manipulative, lying, corporate organization that pretends to be a church.

What I don't understand is why he fails to see that we are HAPPY not being in the church. Thrilled we don't have to go to a stuffy, filthy building on Sunday, listen to people try to convince or brainwash themselves into believing something is true when it isn't and being "put to work" so we make it to the highest kingdom when we die.

We just "think" we are happy. WTF?

Of course I "think" I'm happy because I am.

Deal with it.

Does anyone else out there have to deal with this kind of nonsensical thinking? That I'm happy living in sin? How exactly does that work? How does putting myself in an abusive, miserable situation make me and my family happy?
Hmmm?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bert ( )
Date: August 08, 2012 10:43AM

The Mormons have a real problem on their hands. They have absolutely zero I mean zero proof of any of their claims. When challenged they spin the answer(s). Make no mistake I believe a person has the right to believe and worship as they wish. But when those beliefs and faiths have an intent to cause outright damage and destruction to all others, than to me, the "faith" being touted is no longer just that, faith. Mormons are getting into deeper and deeper trouble daily with their belief system.

I always find it interesting that no actual proof exists for the Mormon foundation of belief yet blindly the the hard core members give time, money, talent, and follow blindly any instruction. It's like looking at a group of bots. Use the term you'd like but the reality is Mormons like being Mormon because they absolutely do not have to think.

If you had the perfect printing press that printed as much money as you wanted when ever you wanted it. And you had the perfect labor force willing to generate as much cash as you needed when you needed it you would do the same as Mormon inc. does.

Just scare your employees. "Don't travel too far. You might fall off the edge." "Don't listen to or agree with anyone who challenges you they are evil"

It's management at the bottom of the barrel. Find the weakest among the heard. Scare them. Feed them as little as possible (Also read as carrot/stick). And once the environment has enough people of the same mind set you have an army. And that army will do exactly what it is told,

Therefore if someone disagrees with you they are obviously not just different but they are the enemy and you can attack them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.