Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: August 10, 2012 11:18PM

I have vague memories from the stake relief society birthday dinner whatever we had this year in February of a story someone told about Emma Smith. It was something to the effect that one of the women Joseph had had an affair with and gotten pregnant later moved into Joseph and Emma's home (on Emma's invitation) because her husband had died. Truth? I wasn't paying much attention at the time, and I'd rather not try to track down someone from that night who remembers the story if any of you here know if that's true or not, and which of his wives it could have been. (I'm curious because I have vague recollections of the story ending on some type of "While Emma was on her death bed, she told Joseph that she wanted him to marry this girl and take care of her after she died," which, obviously, sends of all sorts of bells and whistles, so I'm wanting to see if I can track down the story to find out what's up.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exrldsgirl ( )
Date: August 11, 2012 04:16PM

I've never heard that story, but it doesn't make any sense, because Joseph died before Emma. So she couldn't have told him anything on her death bed.

Posted by: snowowl ( )
Date: August 11, 2012 08:31PM

Here is a link to brief biographies of Joseph Smiths wives:

http://wivesofjosephsmith.org/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.