Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 12:34PM

Reading a resurrected thread earlier, I came across a reference to Cludgie and suddenly though that I hadn't seem him posting in a long while - one of my favourite posters, so here goes...

CLUDGIEEE ! ARE YOU OUT THERE ? WE MISS YOU !

And if not, does anyone have any news ?

Tom in Paris

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kj ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 01:08PM

Posted by: Lorraine aka síóg ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 12:37PM

I'd love to follow Cludgie on Facebook. Anyway I could be his Friend? How to connect.

I feel a bond with him over Germany/Austria.

Posted by: anon reguglar ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 12:44PM

Lorraine, check your FB messages. :o)

Date: August 09, 2014 12:52PM

Got it.Thanks a million!

Date: August 07, 2014 01:24PM

I don't do FB - please give him my regards

Tom in Paris

Posted by: Ikki ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 05:22PM

Cludgie, ritorna! You see, I never post here on RfM, I am doing it now just for you.

Posted by: formerly cludgie ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 10:02AM

Hey Tom and Ikki. A birdie told me you were here. I hope everyone is well.

I posted here a few weeks ago under a former pseudonym that I had in a former, more exotic life. I was looking for advice for a situation in my life, knowing some of you had been in similar circumstances and would have something helpful to say. Thanks to those who responded.

I do miss this place. I'm probably talked out now, and am about as "recovered" as one should probably expect. And I had become a thread killer. (Apologies to all the folks here whose threads I inadvertently wiped out.) I've thought many times about posting my story here as so many others have. Mine isn't near as exciting as some, but it's a story, notwithstanding. So I might return to RfM to do that, at least.

I have "converted" a couple of co-workers, and now one or two of them apparently at least lurk here, and I think one posts. It's nice to have confederates.

Here's my chance to do a little whinging, but it serves to explain a lot: My work site in WA state closed, and we employees were scattered literally all around the world. (Several got jobs in Utah, in fact. A couple went to Australia, one to Thailand. Several went to Germany and the UK. Not me. Got sent to Georgia. I was pissed off. Georgia? Seriously?) I hated to leave my home in WA. Most of us were plunged into financial difficulties due to suddenly dumping our homes and absorbing all kinds of moving costs. Me, too. The only way to get out of this is probably to just retire, which is scary in itself. I've had to re-learn a career I haven't done since 1997, and was well behind the learning curve. As a guy in his 60s, it was and still is embarrassing and humiliating at times to not know and be unable to perform my job. This is the base of my sort of withdrawal from life.

I hope you and others are well. I have always been insanely jealous of you, Tom in Paris. (Unless you live in Paris, Idaho, and then you can go to hell.) And, Ikki, I know where you are, and wish I could join you. Raise a glass of Binding for me (if you do that sort of thing).

c

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 10:23AM

Date: August 09, 2014 12:41PM

I'm pretty sure I can share your pain, Cludgie. Sorry for the upheaval in your life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 01:15PM by Lorraine aka síóg.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 12:57PM

Nice to see a familiar name show up. Good to know you are doing fine, if a little shell shocked with the major work changes.
I recommend retirement if you can pull it off! :-)

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 01:01PM

Date: August 09, 2014 01:12PM

Hey, (formerly) Cludgie !

Nice to hear from you. I hope you do post your story.

And don't worry, not only am I really in Paris, France (not Idaho or Texas), but if you ever want to spend some time here, I and my wife have a house which just seems to get larger as the kids make their way in life and we would be more than delighted to put you and your partner up for the duration of your stay.

If you click on my pseudonym in the thread list, the email indicated is still current.

Good to hear you're OK, even if life doesn't sound like a bed of roses.

All the best

Tom in Paris

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 01:38PM

We can be neighbors :) Hubby has five more years then we are retiring down there. Right now it looks like No. GA or No. AL. Or if you get back out West you know where I am.

You come and go as you need. You know there is always a chair here for you. I don't do FB so you check in from time to time! We miss you!

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 01:40PM

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 03:24PM

Your posts added so much to this board. We do indeed miss you.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 04:45PM

Nice to hear from you Cludgie. Please post your story and good luck with the job. I'm in my sixties two and I can't even imagine having my world shifted like that.

Posted by: OzDoc ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 08:21PM

Good to hear that you'reOK (former)Cludgie.

You're missed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.